What is the job situation n Canada ?

Wishful_Thinkin

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I have read quite a few message regarding the job situation in Canada. However in most cases peole either have been on the extreme negative or positive sides.

Does someone have any first hand info about the job situation ?
Monster seems to show quite few jobs in the Software field but some people talk about (software) Ph.Ds working as security guards.

What is the real deal ?

Thanks
Wishful_thinkin

I have been applying at moster, workopolis, hotjobs for the last 1 year +......Just one call up for interview (unsuccessful).

The place where i work, I have masters, phds, you name it...we have one :D :eek:

Hi Mercury,

Well atleast on a positive note they will not weed you out because they have to sponsor you. None of that "Sorry no sponsorship available" shit.

Betcha they must be getting zillions of their job posting specially from the IT sector. I was just surprised by the number of job shown available on monster but guess that is only a part of the story.

BTW.. What happens if one lands a job in Canada while the application is in process? Does it get transferred or stopped ?

Wishful_thinkin

Getting a job in Canada has always been very tough. I know many people who left Canada after obtaining citizenship and went back home. They wanted the citizenship for easy travel and for their kids. They (kids) will be able to come back to Canada or go to another country for study relatively easy. Some of them also became citizen and then went to the US to have their baby born there as US citizens, since Canadians can visit the US without visa, up until now.

For someone who is in Canada and applied for PR, that person will have to show up for interview at the consulate where he/she initially sent the application, if interview is required.