what is the difference between welcome notice and approval notice

rran01

friends, my wife received the following emails.

1) first email:
Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On July 23, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status.

2) second email
Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On July 26, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS.

However, I only received the first email. Are there actually 2 I-797 forms mailed from NSC? BTW, We received the welcome notice today. Waiting to see whether there are seperate approval notices.

Thanks,

Could someone tell me how many actually I-797 notices from NSC or TSC you received for each person? I wonder whether we should get 3 seperate letters for each person: (or there is actually just one letter for item 1) and 2) ????
1) I-797 Welcome notice
2) I-797 Approval Notice
3) actual card

Thanks.

Could someone tell me how many actually I-797 notices from NSC or TSC you received for each person? I wonder whether we should get 3 seperate letters for each person: (or there is actually just one letter for item 1) and 2) ????
1) I-797 Welcome notice
2) I-797 Approval Notice
3) actual card

Thanks.

I received 1) and 3) ...Did anyone get 2) ???

I got the card and the approval notice, but not the welcome notice. I think most people don't get the welcome notice, they only get the other two.

thanks so much guys for the reply. I received the following emails now in order: (from NSC)

1) Card Production Ordered 7/23
2) Welcome Notice Sent 7/23
3) Approval Notice Sent 7/26

And now I received Welcome notice by mail. I guess I will not receive the approval notice. My friend only got approval notice from TSC. I guess they are interchangable.

Hi Jackolantern

Is the approval notice on 797 form? what does it say? Cause the welcome notice is on 797 aswell.

BTW, I really like your posts :) When you say ROW, what country are u from?

I got the card and the approval notice, but not the welcome notice. I think most people don't get the welcome notice, they only get the other two.

My case status has always been pending until two days ago, it changed to "card has been ordered". It never said anything about the approval notice. Has this happened to anybody? Does the approval notice even matter if you have the physical card?