What is the deadline on Passport Stamping.

puneet_gcard

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys. I have some questions for all the guys who got passports stamped.
I got the courtesy copy of the 485 approval this weekend and then discovered that my passport will expire in Dec 2005. The Indian Consulate told me that they cannot give me a new passport before Dec 2004.

1) So now if I get this old passport stamped, Do I have to go again for stamping of my new passport in 2 months time.

2) Secondly how long is the stamping valid till. Is it only valid for 1 year and then do we have to go again. Can we use the same approval notice at that time

3) Thirdly Will the process of the Plastic Card only get started after the Passport Stamping. Or has it already got started since INS have sent me the approval notice.

4) Lastly can I use this courtesy copy of approval notice to get the passport stamped.

Your answers will be deeply appreciated.
Regards to ALL !!
Puneet..

Did you mean your passport expires in Dec 2004 instead of Dec 2005? As far as I know, there's no limit on when you can get the stamping done.

Your stamp is still valid even after your passport expires. Just keep your expired passport with your new one. That's what I was told when I got my stamping done last month.

The stamp is valid for 1 year. If by then you don't have the physical green card, you can go and have the passport stamped again for a year.

The process of actual green card starts when you go for stamping. You are required to take your photos along with you.

Yes, you can use your courtesy copy.

puneet_gcard said:
Hi Guys. I have some questions for all the guys who got passports stamped.
I got the courtesy copy of the 485 approval this weekend and then discovered that my passport will expire in Dec 2005. The Indian Consulate told me that they cannot give me a new passport before Dec 2004.

1) So now if I get this old passport stamped, Do I have to go again for stamping of my new passport in 2 months time.

2) Secondly how long is the stamping valid till. Is it only valid for 1 year and then do we have to go again. Can we use the same approval notice at that time

3) Thirdly Will the process of the Plastic Card only get started after the Passport Stamping. Or has it already got started since INS have sent me the approval notice.

4) Lastly can I use this courtesy copy of approval notice to get the passport stamped.

Your answers will be deeply appreciated.
Regards to ALL !!
Puneet..

NO, The Old passport is still with you and in side that they even mention all the VISA's are valid even though this passport is cancelled. so I would expect stamping is also valid.
1 year and Yes you can either use approval Notice or old stamping
Yes it will begin only after you go there for stamping, You will have to provide the latest copies of your photos
Yes you can

Many Thanks to both of you !! I really appreciate your advice. Once again this forum really rocks. Even though I finally got approval, I still feel like coming here everyday !! :) :) :) :)

passport expired

THanks United Nations,

I am in same situation. My wife'spassport has expeired. So I hope USCIS will stamp her GC on an I-94 card. I have a scheduled appointment this week.

Thanks