what is the date on AP stamp for?

tazst6

Registered Users (C)
I entered US using my AP last Oct. The officer stamped my I-94 with "paroled until Oct 09 2005". What does this date means? My AP document expired in july. If i travel to Canda, can i re-enter US without getting new AP?

Another question is, since I also have valid H1B status now and I will visit canada for only one day (less 30 days), is automatic visa revalidation good for me? I really don't want to spend time and energy to get new H1B visa stamp or AP doucment.

More complicated as it is, my i485 has been denied recently. Hence, I am not in dual immigration status anymore. Will this create new problem for me to re-enter the US?

tazst6 said:
I entered US using my AP last Oct. The officer stamped my I-94 with "paroled until Oct 09 2005". What does this date means? My AP document expired in july. If i travel to Canda, can i re-enter US without getting new AP?
NO. You can not use your AP if it expired no matter what the officer stamped on it.

Another question is, since I also have valid H1B status now and I will visit canada for only one day (less 30 days), is automatic visa revalidation good for me? I really don't want to spend time and energy to get new H1B visa stamp or AP doucment.

More complicated as it is, my i485 has been denied recently. Hence, I am not in dual immigration status anymore. Will this create new problem for me to re-enter the US?

AHH IF your I-485 has been denied you had better have a H-1B because your AP and EAD if you have one are VOID.You can Not apply for a new AP in question above because you are no longer in adjustment of status.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question is whether i need new H1B visa stamp to reenter USA, if I only leave US for only one day? I don't know if the 30 days visa auto revalidation works for this case or not? I know it works that if you are F1, or H1 changed from F.

If the risk is too high, i will not go to canada.

I am not sure about the H-1B. You can not get an AP as stated above!!

Last edited by a moderator: