What is the correct I485 fee for July31 Filers?

EB10182006

Registered Users (C)
Hi
one of my friends efiled EB2-NIW I140 on July 31 to TSC (They charged him new fee). He sent his supporting materials and I-485, I-131, I785 (with new fee) to TSC. Now TSC return all his materials back with a letter indicating “Please send these documents with correct fee”. I wonder what the correct fee for I-485 is. Please share your opinion.

Hi
one of my friends efiled EB2-NIW I140 on July 31 to TSC (They charged him new fee). He sent his supporting materials and I-485, I-131, I785 (with new fee) to TSC. Now TSC return all his materials back with a letter indicating “Please send these documents with correct fee”. I wonder what the correct fee for I-485 is. Please share your opinion.

The new fee is $475 for I-140 and $1010 for I-485 including biometric fee. Under new fee system, the applicant need not pay ANY FEE for I-131 or I-765(for renewal of EAD or new APs)

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

If you filed a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, on July 30, 2007, or after, then no fee is required to file a request for advance parole on Form I-131 and/or employment authorization on Form I-765. You may file the I-131 and I-765 concurrently with your I-485, or you may submit the I-131 and/or I-765 at a later date. If you file Form I-131 and/or I-765 separately, you must also submit a copy of the receipt for your Form I-797C, Notice of Action, as evidence of the filing of an I-485.

Hi Lakksh

Thanks for the informations. Problem is my friend has sent $1010 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (I think this is correct). However, TSC asked for correct fee???. I don't know what that mean.

The new fee is $475 for I-140 and $1010 for I-485 including biometric fee. Under new fee system, the applicant need not pay ANY FEE for I-131 or I-765(for renewal of EAD or new APs)

Hi Lakksh

Thanks for the informations. Problem is my friend has sent $1010 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (I think this is correct). However, TSC asked for correct fee???. I don't know what that mean.

Due to July visa fisco, they postponed the new fee beginning date to aug 17. So your friend should pay old fee. Check at uscis' website for the official notice, so he can be 100% percent sure.

Due to July visa fisco, they postponed the new fee beginning date to aug 17. So your friend should pay old fee. Check at uscis' website for the official notice, so he can be 100% percent sure.

The new fee was effective from 30th July, 2007. Due to July Fiasco, USCIS extended dates up to Aug 17th to file I-485 with old fees provided the applicant has the eligibility to file I-485 (that means has already filed I-140 before July 30 and was eligible to file I-485 under july visa bulletin-all were current).

His I-140 efiled date is July 31, the new fee was effective from 30th July, 2007. It means he should pay the new fee for the I-485 or what?

Hi,

a quick question:

So for the people who are filing I-485 (+ EAD and AP) with new fee do not need to pay for renewal of EAD and AP next year, is that correct?

What about people like us who filed with older fee and renew AP and EAD with new fees? For the renewal 2nd time (if needed) do we need to pay again or not?

Thanks.

Hi,

a quick question:

So for the people who are filing I-485 (+ EAD and AP) with new fee do not need to pay for renewal of EAD and AP next year, is that correct?

What about people like us who filed with older fee and renew AP and EAD with new fees? For the renewal 2nd time (if needed) do we need to pay again or not?

Thanks.

Pay again. That is what I did when I renewed my EAD.

Hi,

a quick question:

Thanks.

Yes. if you filed your I-485 (and/or I-131, I-765) under old fee system, Then you need to pay to apply a new or to renew AP or EAD ($305 for AP and # 340 for EAD) after 30th July 2007. Forget about July fiasco that allowed to file with old fees until Aug 17th for only whose PD were current as per July visa bulletin.

FYI: see the attached document also

Adjustment applications and ancillary benefits – The new application fee for an I-485 is a package fee that includes associated EAD and advance parole applications. Thus, if you file an I-485 with the fee listed above, while you will still need to submit applications for an EAD and advance parole, you will not need to pay a separate fee so long as your adjustment application is pending. However, if you filed your I-485 before this fee change, to apply for or renew your EAD or advance parole, you must file a new application with the new fee for those applications.

Last edited by a moderator:
So this means, every time (2nd, 3rd, 4th....) I apply for AP and EAD, I have to pay those high fees. that really sucks. First renewal I understand...but every time! that's not fair...hope we don't have to wait for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time.....