What is the best strategy if I can\'t respond to Employment RFE?

Yee Man Chan

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I may get an Employment RFE. I don\'t have a permanent job now (doing contract now). I am wondering what are the options I have if I can\'t respond to an Employment RFE within 90 days? Under current economic environment, it is quite possible. Am I doomed?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Yee Man

PS I still haven\'t received my RFE even though the AVM says it was issued on June 7th. I tried to call 949-831-8427 almost the whole day for couple days but I still can\'t get connected. What gives??

my 2 cents

1) to get thru CSC call at 6:30 pm . Thats right ..CSC is open from 7 am to 7 pm. you will get thru in 2-3 tries.

2) Get a letter from the contract company that you are working here since such and such date. Dont mention the word permanent or contract in there.

May not be a problem

I was sponsored for my green-card by a contracting agency.
How are you working for the agency? Are you as a W2, or independent. If not as W2 try to make yourself a W2.

Also how many hours are you working a week.

For my green-card was was an hourly employee of the contracting agency. I had to work atleast 32 hours a week. I never had any problems and never got an RFE. So I don't think "salaried full-time" is the question. Rather are you an employee of the company and do you work enough hours to be deemed full-time.

BTW I know tons of consultants who have gotten their GC's in the last 3 years.

I am not an immigration lawyer so make sure to speak to a lawyer, especially about the wording required for your employment letter.

Good luck.

May not be a problem

I was sponsored for my green-card by a contracting agency. How are you working for the agency? Are you as a W2, or independent. If not as W2 try to make yourself a W2. Also how many hours are you working a week. For my green-card was was an hourly employee of the contracting agency. I had to work atleast 32 hours a week. I never had any problems and never got an RFE. So I don\'t think "salaried full-time" is the question. Rather are you an employee of the company and do you work enough hours to be deemed full-time. BTW I know tons of consultants who have gotten their GC\'s in the last 3 years. I am not an immigration lawyer so make sure to speak to a lawyer, especially about the wording required for your employment letter. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply

I am on W-2 as an hourly employee. I am full-time, too. I am just not very sure about how I should write the employment letter. I am curious, do you have an annual salary in your I-140?