What is PD means and how it signifies in I-485 filings?

habib

Registered Users (C)
Ppl I am newcomer in I-485 matter. please educate me. I also has question about the country issue. Why it is important in I-485?

answer to your question.

PD will be applicable if EB2,EB3 OR EB1 category is not current. PD is the date when you actually filed for labour which is the first step towards GC.

Assume that EB3 is not current, then they will mention the PD, anyone applied 485 whose PD is before or equal to the mentioned PD their case will be processed. People applied after the mentioned PD need to wait.Each center (ex..VSC, CSC..) will release the dates for which they are processing every month,so PD will be moving ahead every month depending upon the workload in the INS.

So PD plays a big role if the processing date is not current. If it is current all the three categories (EB1,EB2 AND EB3)are considered to be same.

Hope i have answered your question.

eddyja.

Yes and no

If the PD cutoff date was retrogressed, then even you have been waiting I-485 approval for a year but your PD fell behind the cutoff date, your I-485 would be delayed until your PD became current. This has happened in 2000/2001. Hopefully it won\'t happen this time

JimZ

Hi Eddyja, My PD MAY/97,RD03/27/01 ND04/03/01 EAC 01-142..FP doneSept18 NO NEWS so far.

ANY IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON AND WHEN I CAN EXPECT APPROVAL?
AVM is telling that it is processing.
Reply pls,
Masarada.

What is the current PD in VSC now for EB3?

My labor file received date was 1/2000. I got approval 1/2002 and applied for I-140 for AOS/I-485 option. So according to the current PD of VSC how long it may took for getting I-485 approval?