What is Our GOAL??

GOD_BLESS_YOU

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
Do not waste your ENERGY,TIME in discussing with unnecessary items for our common goal!!
Focus your energies,time in this forum in thinking on new ideas,approches for this retrogression problems instead of wasting on personal comments etc...
no affend to any one!!

the problem is that there is hardly anything we can do other than WAIT....and hence we are indulging in activities/discussions, people with no life do.......

It's such a PAIN...

at least through this forum --- it offers a vent....to channel and battle this long long wait to pass the retrogression HURRICANE!

And if sometime we try to do some productive work then you are labeled as some money hungry desi guy. The moral is very low amongst the members. On top of that people like Catdog, makes you think that why i was wasting my time on such forums ??!

I hope i can do something better with my ideas. Techy gave me some good boost in my other posts. Thanks for that Techy.

Last edited by a moderator:
puerthoughts said:
On What ??
thats right. There is nothing much to do with so much retrogression, that too after we know that USCIS is working on country quotas. Whatever we predict, focus, estimate .., we will be left with around 3000 visas per category per year(for India). If you are current and NC is cleared you get the green card. Unless there is a law change there is nothing much to do than taking advantage of AC21 if possible.

Someone knows about what's up with immigration voice ?

I made some contribution last year. Then heard a lot of noises about it on this board as well as other media. Haven't heard much since last 4 months or so ?

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
Friends,
Do not waste your ENERGY,TIME in discussing with unnecessary items for our common goal!!
Focus your energies,time in this forum in thinking on new ideas,approches for this retrogression problems instead of wasting on personal comments etc...
no affend to any one!!

Make the most of it ..

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
Friends,
no affend to any one!!

GOD_BLESS_YOU,

In my opinion we should spend more time improving and enjoying our lives as best we can. There is very little we can do to change this situation so its useless to waste time complaining. I have been guilty of this in the past but have come to terms with the situation. I know its much easier said then done but we should try. We will get our GC if we are destined to get it, no retro, law or policy can prevent it in that case. On the flip side if we are destined to not get it then nothing will enable us to get it. Lets stop stressing about it.
We should do what we can (respond to RFEs, keep track of notices, apply for AP and EAD extentions on time) but beyond that there really is no point in worrying about it. We cannot make the PDs become current. The DOS/DOL/USICS will do as they see fit. We cannot influence them in anyway.

The current situation may seem unfair to some but most things in life are unfair and there are an equal number of counter arguements that a lot of people on this forum will make to convince us that we are lucky to even be here. To an extent they are right. There are always worse situations than the ones we are faced with. Most reasonable people will agree that almost every point of view has its merits .. what matters is how we perceive it.

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
Saras,

I agree with you but i would go even one step further. I believe that we should use this opportunity to construct something tangible. It is a good thing that due to the retrogression issues so many Indians are talking to each other. It is just the topic we need to change since we all are just beating a dead horse around here. Nothing constructive will come out of this discussion. I hoped that ImmigrationVoice.org was a very good chance for the Indians to come together. But that is a very narrow focus and now we are seeing the IV being converted to a Political Action Commette and there is nothing wrong with it. Its the thing that kills me the most that we all can be very productive if we put our minds together and just forget for a while that we are stuck in some mud. If we put together a community right now think about the help it will give to all the indians who are suffering from so many problems.

I know it is a vague task to handle but if we put our energy in something constructive then we may be able to get over this fights about who should post what. It is just the frustration that is coming out. I hope that other members on this forum will provide some input for what we want to do as the community. Right now it is kind of footrag where all the people come and vent out their frustration. Once they get approved and a promise of new future, they just forget that there was a community that helped him go through all the problems and gave him a shoulder when he was crying. We should build something that make people come back and contribute to the community.

I think you are one of very few people who will understand all this. At least i hope you do !

purethoughts......sorry if i sound blunt.....right now i am only thinking........""what shall i do to make life easy for me and my family"".......beleive me......i do not have enough time/energy for this....

when i am done with above maybe next in my list will be community...

btw....we come to this forum to share thought with people in same boat (i am not alone....everyone is getting screwed feeling..)...once someone gets GC.......they are out of this boat.....and hence they leave.....nothing wrong with that......

whats your game plan??......or what do you think we can acheive by talking on a forum??......isnt there thousands of india orgs all over the world/internet already with some purpose......i am sure if you can define your objective we can find orgs already doing that...

Hi Techy,

You are right and i do not find your comments blunt. Here is what i find lacking from our discussions on this forum. There should be some effort of keeping this very good group together and they should help write up nice articles about in depth choices for people who are facing retro or other immigration matters. So once a new guy is hit by retro he will not find a forum full of desi people screaming at each other for something Catdog wrote !! Also the forum can have a real life connections by making a local gathering of the memebers who can easily meet with other members in person and make real life connections. If we have a good group of friends then we will obviously be feeling better about "Being in same boat". But once you get the GC you should not leave the boat but at least help other new people in the boat to adjust to the new reality of the GC process. Some of the folks will be missing very good opportunities in their life right now caz they do not know the options well and do not go for that. If they have a group of people helping them, they will make better choices and thus help releave some pressure off the community.

An online forum should not be something where members go and type few senctences, it should feel like a lively place full of people who want to help you and have a level of decency. I know i am talking about some hi-fi things here but believe me that USA became the #1 country by starting out on a helpful, decent, well-mannered, understanding community. If we can copy that slowly but surely India will be the same may be after 100-150 years from now but it is not impossible !!

If everyone was satisfied by Lycos and Yahoos of the world no one would have every thought of Google. Similarly there is a need for something special in community forums for indian people. Once that is served i will rest in peace. So help me GOD...

ok...so you want a online community for indians???

to tell you the fact.......you need to define what you want??..........whats your dream???........how you think you will pursue that??......

right now your post is full of fluff.........

please state what your mission or goal is first..

where are we heading, are we doing some time pass with moral ideas, let get down to the problem and work for it, retro what exactly we can do.

puerthoughts said:
Hi Techy,

You are right and i do not find your comments blunt. Here is what i find lacking from our discussions on this forum. There should be some effort of keeping this very good group together and they should help write up nice articles about in depth choices for people who are facing retro or other immigration matters. So once a new guy is hit by retro he will not find a forum full of desi people screaming at each other for something Catdog wrote !! Also the forum can have a real life connections by making a local gathering of the memebers who can easily meet with other members in person and make real life connections. If we have a good group of friends then we will obviously be feeling better about "Being in same boat". But once you get the GC you should not leave the boat but at least help other new people in the boat to adjust to the new reality of the GC process. Some of the folks will be missing very good opportunities in their life right now caz they do not know the options well and do not go for that. If they have a group of people helping them, they will make better choices and thus help releave some pressure off the community.

An online forum should not be something where members go and type few senctences, it should feel like a lively place full of people who want to help you and have a level of decency. I know i am talking about some hi-fi things here but believe me that USA became the #1 country by starting out on a helpful, decent, well-mannered, understanding community. If we can copy that slowly but surely India will be the same may be after 100-150 years from now but it is not impossible !!

If everyone was satisfied by Lycos and Yahoos of the world no one would have every thought of Google. Similarly there is a need for something special in community forums for indian people. Once that is served i will rest in peace. So help me GOD...

Why don't you take a lead and show us what you want to do? No offense...