What is my chances to get visa?

DrAske

Hi,

I am independent programmer, living in Jordan (Middle East), working for an american company called TopCoder Inc. This company is a leader in programming competitions, also they build Software Projects though launching competition by splitting the project into sub-systems and sub-requirments. Over the past 1.5 year, I were doing outsourcing for this company (doing competitions and contracts), and I made ~50,000$ in 2008 (7X what I can make here in Jordan in full-time job).

In December, 2007 I won a free trip to Las Vegas to attend TopCoder Open 2008, (TCO is a world-wide programming tournament - unfortunatelly I cannot post urls here for the company and TCO, but you can google for TCO 09 or TopCoder for more information), so I applied for visit visa in Feb, 2008 and I got rejected because I don't have anything ties me or nothing prove that I may return back to my country. I am 24 years old, I don't own any property, I live with my parents, they have a car and I use it, I am the only source of income in my home, I have two brothers in university, and almost 80% of my income is taken by my parents. (speaking frankly, I am happy with this kind of work, and I am not planning to leave my country with this kind of income, also I am thinking to start my own business in Jordan within a year :)

Now, in april 2008 I won another free trip to TopCoder Open 2009, and TopCoder emailed me the visa application to provide it when attending the interview meeting, also they provided me with a letter from the accounting department (mention in it that I have participated in XX number of compititions and I made XXX$ dollar, and TopCoder does not intend to offer me a job when I get to Las Vegas). The qualification rounds for TCO have not finished yet, and I still have a chance to be a finalist, not a guest (attender).

Note that The trounament is only 5 days, and TopCoder will provide travel arrangment for me (The flight reserved by and paid for by TopCoder).

No my question : What is my chances to get the visa ? I have scheduled interview meeting next sunday.

Thanks,
Ahmad

Apply for it and find out. Looking at your citizenship and personal circumstances, you may be rejected again. However, having said that, you never know. Lady luck might smile on you. Good luck!!!

What is my chances to get the visa ? I have scheduled interview meeting next sunday.

Well They want to see that you are financially secure in your country and plus you're very young. I went with my husband to the embassy in Honduras to apply for a tourist visa bc im pregnant and wanted us to visit my family in the states together. The interviewer kept questioning all of my husbands documents and how he had all this money if he's so young and never left his poor country. but thank god he got it. But i was convinced mid-interview that this wasnt going well for him and he would be denied. but thank the good lord above ..