What is "incorporated" after GC

Unbelievable

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Can anyone please let me know what is "incorporated" after GC? How can anyone enrolled there? What are the benefits for that????

Unbelievable.

Unbelievable said:
Hi,

Can anyone please let me know what is "incorporated" after GC? How can anyone enrolled there? What are the benefits for that????

Unbelievable.

Your Green Card itself is an immigration benefit. You may be eligible for unemployment benefit (if you qualify). What other benefits are you expecting. You work and pay taxes. You will get social security benefits at the time of your retirement. I do not know if any other benefits are availble after GC.

Unbelievable said:
Hi gcusa99,

If you don't know then why you are replying to this thread?

Unbelievable
If you could phrase your question properly, people might reply appropriately...

Unbelievable said:
Hi gcusa99,

If you don't know then why you are replying to this thread?

Unbelievable

I mentioned the benefits what I know. Please add more info regarding benefits if you or any body knows. You asked question I tried to answer.

Your question is vague but i guess you mean incorporating yourself as a self employed business. Incorportation involves a number of different thing and the requirements are different in each state. You better consult a attorney.
If you are self employed or working as a independent contractor you have the option of creating a corporation, having yourself as the CEO and drawing a salary from the corporation. The benefits are that you can claim expenses and deductions more liberally and contribute to a SEP/Simple IRA or a Keogh plan. It is worthwhile if one is in a higher income bracket (over $300000 gross).

I think he might be referring to incorporating a business as a S Corp. You need to be a PR/Citizen to start a S Corp.

schandrag said:
Your question is vague but i guess you mean incorporating yourself as a self employed business. Incorportation involves a number of different thing and the requirements are different in each state. You better consult a attorney.
If you are self employed or working as a independent contractor you have the option of creating a corporation, having yourself as the CEO and drawing a salary from the corporation. The benefits are that you can claim expenses and deductions more liberally and contribute to a SEP/Simple IRA or a Keogh plan. It is worthwhile if one is in a higher income bracket (over $300000 gross).

I think you understand my question. I have no idea about it. I was looking for a job so I was calling the consulting firms and two of them told me regarding
incorporating so that I can go corp to corp, and I may save something at the end of the year. I am not clear about it that's why I asked.

Unbelievale.