What Is Happening @VSC

BAGUSAC

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

Not sure whether VSC is functional anymore; Not seen any Approvals or any updates of any case moving to any stage apart from the mystery of Name Check ; Background Check ; FBI Check ; You Name your own Check ; VSC has to Check ; Why not do another Check; Waiting on Check ; My God we forget about checking your first before issuing you the approval.

Is there an indication of the cases and types that will ultimately get forwarded to NSC ; Case has pending for more then 4 yrs now ; Done tons of EAD's now and stillthe same excuse.

Thanks in Advance,
BAGUSAC

what was your PD

Mette
Can you share more info on your case please? For example:

EB1/2/3 ?

PD?

I-485 ND?

Retro country? if yes which?

Thx.

qplearn

Mette said:
I was approved in Vermont this Monday, 8/28

Thank you!

My details:

EB-3. Other countries, never been retrogressed

PD 01/09/2001
I-485 RD 04/01/2003
Stuck in Name Check for 3 years
Filed Writ of Mandamus 06/05/2006
I-485 AD 08/26/2006

Congrats Mette, wow, even wom took three months for you
vsc is crazy ,could you share your experience with wom, i am about to file
myself .Why it took so long, did you even go to court or got dismissed?
Thanks

angela_c said:
Congrats Mette, wow, even wom took three months for you
vsc is crazy ,could you share your experience with wom, i am about to file
myself .Why it took so long, did you even go to court or got dismissed?
Thanks

Thank you! Actually, WOM didn't take long - it went very smoothly. I filed in June but was able to serve the summonses to the US Attorney only on July 3. The defendants had 60 days to respond. A week before the deadline I was approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also thinking of filing WOM - seems to a better way of dealing with the VSC mess. But is the criteria to be eligible to file for WOM - Please can someone provide the details.....

Thanks

I just called USCIS-VSC and inquired about my NC status. A nice laddy said that everything is ok with FBI and case is pending `cause they`re waiting results from another agency, other then FBI. Asked about the dates NC was cleared, she mentioned that it doesn`t show on her screen.
Should I go for WOM?

Do you know what other government agency she was referring to? Is there anything else other than name check that is included in security check?

jhawilla said:
I just called USCIS-VSC and inquired about my NC status. A nice laddy said that everything is ok with FBI and case is pending `cause they`re waiting results from another agency, other then FBI. Asked about the dates NC was cleared, she mentioned that it doesn`t show on her screen.
Should I go for WOM?

nyyankees: She couldn`t say anything about this other agency. I think at last, she should say some about the NC request/receive dates. I also, asked about my wife`s NC and gave her the EAC#. She said, after one min. waiting, u both are together. I understood that our NC, security checks, background checks
(I guess means the samething) with the FBI are complete.

CIA checks?? I never heard about it. What correspond? Pls, explain.

How does one call /email the VSC?

Do you need to be within their "processing dates" to get info, or do they answer to any inquiries? I only see a "premium processing" phone number. Please share VSC phone number and/or email!

Today I received info from my attorney as below.

My attorney wrote letter to USCIS regarding my case status. In response USCIS wrote that my case is pending for security check but my wife (dependant's) case is cleared in "FBI Name/Date of birth" check as of July 12, 2006 but due to principle pending it must wait for out come of principle.

==================================
EB-1, India, VSC
I-140/I-485 concurrent: RD Jul 27, 2005 PD Jul 21, 2005 (Myself and wife)
FP/Biometrics: Aug 22, 2005
EAD1 Approved: 07/09/05
I-140 approved: Mar 22, 2005
I-485 still waiting! LUD: 08/15/06 (Case sent for Security Check)
EAD2: Applied 08/24/06
Dependant I485 clearance: 07/12/2006 (pending due to principle still in process)

October 2006 Visa Numbers are out

Hi Guys!

October visa numbers are out:

Eb2 India June 2002. Not good.

Anyway, I hope VSC starts processing my case now........ i.e on October 1.

Hi,

I received a status update saying ...

we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER for processing. Our office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office.

I filed my labor from New Jersey. Sent papers to Nebraska but the case transferred from Nebraska to Texas service center. TSC approved my I-140,AP and EAD .

Now , why are they transferring I-485 to Vermont. Anybody in similar situation or any idea why ?