What is going on with Baltimore Cases?

485-Pending

Registered Users (C)
I am seeing some postings lately that cases with ND of August/September 2000, being transferred to Baltimore local office. What is going on at VSC? Is this good or bad? In a way, may it is good since the load to case workers at VSC will reduce, thus improving the adjucation times.

After all these years of waiting, I really dont know how to judge what is good or bad at VSC. Nothing seems to surprise me anymore.

I guess, as once again, STILL WAITING.....................

No Title

Is there any cases in that date range which has not been transferred to Baltimore ( I mean if the person resides in Maryland with RD/ND range from July\'00 to Sept\'00). If all the Maryland cases they are transferring, then nothing we can do (if not also....). One thing is clear, transferred cases will definitely take more time than straight approval(no RFE). But at least with Baltimore there is a hope that not much wait may be another 2,3 months extra wait.
Any ideas, please do share.

No Title

I sea a case of oct\'00 transferred to baltimore office on
this board .
are you sure every case ( between may\'00-oct\'00) near to baltimore is transferred to local baltimore office?????????

No Title

I checked with INS Baltimore on may1st personally and they told me that they have received 28 boxes from Vermont. Each box consisting of 100 applications. Mine got transfered on Feb. 15 from Vermont and received at Baltimore on mar. 17 and that time the box that contained my file was ranked 218 in the queue at Baltimore. As of today, that rank has moved up to 66!!
So they are on an average processing 20-25 boxes per week. Remember, these boxes contain all types of applications, new, EADs, APs, Family based GCs, and Employment based GC applns., etc.

Based on above processing procedure, Baltimore INS should be sending out interview notices in the last week of May to all those cases that got transfered to Baltimore on feb 15th from Vermont and received on March 17.

Hope this information helps all those in the same boat at Baltimore INS.

No Title

how much it will take after case transfered to local baltimore
office any idea????
if sep \'00 case transferred to local office
let\'s 4 week for setting up interview date????

No Title

What are the reason for case being transferred to local INS office?

So far I had understanding that VSC couldn\'t get all detail they
required in I485 application and couldnt resolve thru RFE, they
transfer to local INS Or on lottery basis they transfer some cases
to local INS...
Why so many case transfers to Local INS?

Any thoughts guys.

TIA.

No Title

Mine was transferred to Baltimore last April 27, 2001.
My ND is 10/12/2000 and FP done in 12/27/2000.

I\'m not sure too if being transferred is good or bad.
I have a friend who after 2 mos of being transferred
to Baltimore, got interviewed. Immediately after
their interview, they got approval and passport
stamped.

I know this is just one case. Let\'s just hope for
the best!

GMC

No Title

Why so many transfers?
Looks like after clearing up Sept/ October 99 backlog that took them more than 4 months, INS is working on speeding up strategy. My guess is that if a case has everything clear they are approving it. If there is an iota of doubt, they are skipping review process in Vermont and transferring the case to local INS. This clears up files on their desks and they can show they processed many more applications.

No Title

Hi,
I don\'t think all cases have been transferred, at least not yet. Here are my details.
RD - JULY 2000
FP - NOV 2000
PD - Old and nearing extinction(96).
Still the same sad music (\'Your application was received ...\') on the AVM.
Hope this helps.

No Title

Maybe so... To "speed-up" their process. Also,
to share workload hence hopefully faster results.
Mine was transferred too. I just hope with many
transfers to local office will not result to their
delay approvals :).

GMC