What is form I-89

kulkarni_ash

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I received a mail from USCIS for one of my service request,
USCIS wants a complete I-89 form with photos, and also it seems new finger printing is required.
What does this mean,
did anyone get similar kind of mail

i received the same

i received exactly the same letter as yours,

i have priority date of aug 2001, i-485 pending as of nov 2005(EB3). please let me know on hardikmgandhi@gmail.com if you find something. i asked people but noone has clue.

thanks

I got this from a website

i sumit my I485 back on 2000 & till biginning of march 2006 i didn't hear any thing from INS & in march 17th 2006 i recived letter saying that i'm missing I89 form so i did infopass & i went with my wife .so the officer said my file has hold super vision & he contact the director of the uscis & she said that i have to do interview with my wife now. thanks god that i had all my proof of my marrige.so i did the interview & they asked me if i ever left the country i said yes me & my wife went to visit my family so she get really surprise & she said that my file must be denid .& she went back to the dierector which she came with her & i explaned to her that i didn't know that i'm not suppose to be leaving the USA so she made me File new I485 in the same minut & she did her interview but she was missing 2005 taxes for me & my wife & she told me every thing is good just fax me the taxes of 2005. i did &after 2 days i recived letter saying that my old I485 been denid but they wii gradfather the papear work to the new I485 becouse they understand what happen. after 3 weeks the send me I797 saying that my case type I181 creation of record & notice type :welcome notice & in the bottom saying that my case been prossesd & if it approved i'll recive my card with 30 days. if i din't recive it i should call 1800 # please.tell me is that mean that my case been approved or not yet. & if it been approved why they said if it approved you will get the GC with in 30 days.."

Source : http://www.immigration.com/faq/green3.html

Q205 I just received a letter from immigration stating to go to local immigration office and ask to do I-89.What is the form for? I have been waiting for over 6 months to receive my permanent resident card.

A205 At the time when one goes to receive the I-551 (green card) stamping of an I-485 approval, the USCIS Officer will fill out the I-89 Form, which is a request put in for the green card to be made by the Service Center. Please note the USCIS Officials are responsible in filling out this form and submitting it to the Service Center.

Q150 My I-485 was approved on Jan 9th. My question is: Is it mandatory for me to pay a visit to the USCIS office for Passport Stamping if I do not have any travel plans now. Will the plastic card be automatically sent to me even if my passport is not stamped?

A150 As a practical matter, you do need passport stamping. The stamp serves as a temporary proof of green card and also stamping is necessary because it is at that time the USCIS officer fills Form I-89 and sends the file back to USCIS Service Center. (Form I-89 is the form to request for the production of Green Card.)

I-89 is nothing but your biometrics

I went to Local USCIS just out of curiosity and ask what is this form, they told me it's for my biometrics and asked me if i have id they can do it right now. i accepted and they took the fingerprint and the photo. this is my second fingerprinting, first was in 2005 (before retrogession kicked in) but i believe they consider it too old, and they wanted a new one. i have a question, does this fingerprinting has anything to do with FBI checking it? my name check is cleared according to USCIS.please let me know