What is Fingerprinting and from where should i obtain the police clearance certifiacte ??.

devram

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

I am on H1 for around 3 years. I just saw the checklist for the documants to be submitted with the application.

Can anyone explain me, from where to obtain the police clearance certificate ?. Do i need 2 certificats, one for the period before i was i in India and another from here as i have been here for around 3 years.

What is fingerprinting for Canada and how to get it done ?.

I would highly appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Gtm

FBI finger printing is USA

1. Need FBI finger printing for Canadian Immigration.
2. U need the FBI finger print card. For which u can contact ur DMV or any local police station to get a FBI finger print card.
3. Then u can go to a local police station and get u hand prints on them
4. post them to the address menitoned in the canadian immigration process with a 18$ check as mentioned, they return it to u within 3 to 6 weeks.
5. if u dont get the papers from the fbi in 6 weeks u can call them at 1-304-625-3878 and ask them the status or ur finger printing,
Hope this wells.

No Title

Thank your for your info. I have another question i hope you can help me out in this.

Does every family member requires a finger printing card ?.
Do i need to post the card after having printing done ?.
Can you please provide the address ?.

Thank you for your help-

Gtm

No Title

Every person who is filling for the immigration only needs the fbi finger printing done.
Pls check out on the website for immigration ,when applying from usa, it will give u the address where to post the fbi finger print card there.

all ur questions are clearly answered in the Application Kit for Independents

All ur questions are clearly answered in the Applicaiton Kit for Independents Section Three: Visa Office Specific Instructions given on the website.

Yes u require Police clearance certificate or clearances for everyone who is above the age of 18years. U can see Appendix C checklist Page C-1, Sl. 6. Police Certificate and clearances for more details.

Check Appendix E, this gives u the address and details of FBI branch u have to send.

There is a list of countries enclosed in Appendix E, where the Canadian Consulate enquires on our behalf.

u may visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigr/guide-ce.html
for more details
Good luck