what is FD-258 ? Second FP within two months !!!

december stud

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Both my wife and I have EAD's and AP's in our hands. We finished our fingerprinting on October 5th and the online message was update after a few days saying "We received yor fngerprints and we have continued the processing onyour case" blah..blah..blah. After a few days our case ws transferred to Sacramento local office.

Now, we got a letter from the local office two days ago with the following message :

"Your fingerprint card (FD-258) on file with USCIS has expired. In order for the USCIS to continue processing your application, it will be necessary to have your fingerprints re-taken. This will be completed at no additional cost to you."

It also says that if we have taken FP in the last 90 days, then we can ignore this.

What I don't understand is that the FP's which we took in Oct didn't have any mention of FD-258. What is that ? And, is this different from what we took in October ? so, in a nutshell, do we hav to go for this second fingerprinting as well or is this ingerprint notice sent by error ?

Thanks !!!

when you went for second FP, they would hv provided you an acknowledgement. sent that ack along with this letter back to sacramento office. this letter might have generated before oct 5th i suppose.

I think you can ignore this letter

In the FP notice, you might have got a stmt at the bottom, in case if you have already given the FP before the scheduled date, please ignore that letter

So my suggestion is just call those guys or visit them and show the letters, that whold solve the issue

Taklu

Thanks guys....but what I don't understand is the reference to FD-258 card. My first notice didn't have any reference to that, so I am wondering if this is something different. Any ideas ?