What is FBI Name Check?

485please

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone please tell what FBI Name check is, and how much time it takes for results to come back? Anyone who already went thru this check, please share your information.

Name check!!

INS now sends your name to the agencies in Washington for a comprehensive name check. It used to be that INS will approve a case without getting any acknowledgement from Washington and assuming that everything is OK with the Name.

INS, now, absolutely needs a response from Washington before approving a case. I am going through the same ordeal and my case has been pending for the same reason.

Good luck!!

harapatta, how did you know that your FBI name check is pending. If IIOs told you so, or you contacted the FBI for the matter?

Haraputta- Thanks for your reply

How long have you been waiting, and do you know how much wait is usually involved? I guess this process is different than Fingerprinting, but for getting the Finger Print results, we can call FBI. Is there any number we can call to check the status for this process.

Thanks again.....

I am in the same boat. We had an interview with local INS in March and because of my pending full name check I am still waitng for approval....i don't see any end to the wait as I was told by the the officer during the interview it should take about a week....but no approval as yet.