What is Considered Proof of Marital Status

paulclarke1

Registered Users (C)
Last week the USCIS website changed after 2 years to we sent you an RFE on both my case and for my wife (Deriviate ap). I have not seen this yet and am expecting it by the end of the week. Naturally I am a bot excited by this. My assumption is that it will be proof of employment for me and proof of marital status for my wife.

What do they consider to be constructive proof of marital status. They must have 10 copies of our marriage ceritifcate by now?

Same Boat

Infact i am in the same boat. Waiting for RFE papers. But looking at others posts it looks like one of these apart from marriage certificate should be Ok.
Bank Account (Joint)
House lease/property paper(Joint)
Joint tax filing.

ND July 2002

other examples of ways to show marital status in addition to a marriage certificate:

1. bills (i.e. utility, credit card) with both of your names on it
2. apartment lease agreement or house deed/title with both names
3. childrens birth certificate with both names and/or school records
4. health care, 401K, or other work related benifits listing spouse as benificiary.

rgds,
sadiq

Anyone ever try sending wedding photos, wedding videos, (with the wedding night part bleeped out, of course ;) ), DNA samples of your kids and proof that both of you are parents of the kids by matches to your DNA, testimony of the priest(or equivalent) who did the honors, etc.

Just curious :)

RFE Details

Rec'd the RFE from lawyer today. They are looking for a couple of things.

1/. G-325A says I started work with my company 6/98 and H1-B visa not approved until 10/98. Answer was working for OS company subsidiary until 11/98. No problem here I think.

2/. Standard EVL

3/. Marriage Certificate. Have been using a copy of the certificate my wife and I recieved at our wedding from the celebrant. This has been good enough for H1-B, EAD and AP for these past 6 years. Now they want a copy of the certificate from Births Deaths and Marriages in Australia. No problem in getting it. It is just will take a couple of weeks. What a pain!