what is common between 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd april 2001

hkhr

Registered Users (C)
Not sure, if anyone else noted this before.

This is where EB3 India dates have be doing merry go round.

Common thing between them is that, it was sunday on all those dates.
(1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd april 2001)

I thought any retrogression/ forward movement would be on a priority date.
and Priority date would be always working days (between Mon and Fri) .

Anyone, any comments?

You are analyzing a totally unscientific act by USCIS.
Better to concentrate on some action. Stop wasting your brain on this.

That is simple.. all dates fall in April 2001 :)

I don't expect the date to move beyond april 30 2001 for another 3 years.
Why.. the back...... lock elimination center continue to approve cases and there are not enough visa numbers for all those cases.. In short we are literally screwed. May be when I retire I might get my GC as a retirment benefits..... :mad:

Fuelling the Econmy

Well its not that the backlog elimnation center are approving cases.
The USCIS is letting all the "EB3 India" Visa Numbers go unuesd in anticipation of the Labors that the BEC's will eventually approve, which they will not do soon.

So in short the USCIS and BEC's are playing a game with all of us. There are two good and convenient consequences for both.

1. BEC's dont have to approve any Labors.
2. USCIS in response dont have to approve any 485's.

Its a win win situation for both and they dont have to answer to anyone. The icing on the cake is that the Visa number also go unused (wasted) with no way of recaptuing.

And in the meantime people like us will spend thousands of $'s to buy Labors from 1997 - 2001. The lawyers get more money, they pay more to their employees. The consulting companies get more money by selling their labors.
People like us keep renewing the EAD every year ($400) and hence keep renewing the driving Licence ($50) every year. We need to take pictures for these every year. The nearest walgreens or CVS pharmacy earns $20 every year on that account.

So u see the money keeps flowing and thus fuelling the economy more. Its all win win win situaltion for everyone. except.....

neo

Last edited by a moderator:
Eb3

mamamiax said:
I don't expect the date to move beyond april 30 2001 for another 3 years.
Why.. the back...... lock elimination center continue to approve cases and there are not enough visa numbers for all those cases.. In short we are literally screwed. May be when I retire I might get my GC as a retirment benefits..... :mad:

USCIS does not know what country and category (EB3 or EW) belong 245i people, they just know that there are a lot of them and all of them have PD < May 2001. I think that by default USCIS thought that 245i belong to RoW + India + China + Mexico + Philippines (whole world). After 9 months of severe retrogression for EB3 category they realized that they have a lot unused EB visas.

I think that right now they think that majority of 245i who falls into EB3 is Indian but not Mexican, that's why they keep EB3 India in April 2001.

As for Mexico 245i people I think that majority of them filed as EB3 other workers, that's why Mexico EB3 crossed critical date 30 Apr 2001.

The good thing is that not so many 245i belong to RoW, that's why cut off date for RoW in EB3 category moves forward.

sfmars said:
As for Mexico 245i people I think that majority of them filed as EB3 other workers, that's why Mexico EB3 crossed critical date 30 Apr 2001. The good thing is that not so many 245i belong to RoW, that's why cut off date for RoW in EB3 category moves forward.

Since when people from Mexico started filing for legitimate benefits ?? I think people would rather go back to Mexico and come back by jumping off the fences to live here without any benefit. I was shocked when i saw that Mexico was part of the retrogression. I believe that some of our indian people filed as mexicans since our line is too big !!! :p :p ;) :eek:

Just kidding guys. I thought i will just try to push a joke here. No offence to our Mexican friends in this same boat.

puerthoughts said:
Since when people from Mexico started filing for legitimate benefits ?? I think people would rather go back to Mexico and come back by jumping off the fences to live here without any benefit. I was shocked when i saw that Mexico was part of the retrogression. I believe that some of our indian people filed as mexicans since our line is too big !!! :p :p ;) :eek:

Just kidding guys. I thought i will just try to push a joke here. No offence to our Mexican friends in this same boat.

Its a good joke, but seriously why would any illigal try to become legal.
Life is pretty cool as an illigal. You dont have to pay taxes.

neo

mjossan said:
Did any EB3 visas got wasted last year? Does anybody has any numbers?

Based on the fact that new year they started with EB3 RoW movement forward by 2 months they have them enough.

Those "unused visas" will never be wasted, they count them and accumulate.
Unfortunatelly current law does not allow automatically to Roll Over them next year. And it is the rigth (privilege) of US Congress to decide what to do with "unused" EB visas from previous years.

The last time (May 2005) US Congress gave 50K unused EB visas from the previous years to Schedule A (nurses).

In the worst case scenario something like that can happen this year.

Jan '07

mjossan said:
Did any EB3 visas got wasted last year? Does anybody has any numbers?

mjossan,

There has never been a year when all available visas have been used. The visa utilization stats for '06 will be released in Jan '07. At that point we will know how many visas were used in fiscal year '06. If we find that a majority of EB3 visas were used up during '06 then we will know that there are a lot of EB3 cases from '01 and before. If not then we will know that the DOS was holding back the dates in anticipation of approved labors from BEC hitting the USCIS system. Either way it doesn't matter, we are screwed anyway ... :)

Also as smafrs said earlier, visas do not get wasted, they accumulate over the years and then Congress passes a bill to allocate them as it pleases.

regards,

saras

Lobby USCIS

Then I think we must lobby USCIS to decide cutoff dates based upon the cases that are filed and not on what they expect. I don't think there is any law which requires the USCIS to regulate visa numbers on what they expect and not on what they already have. If USCIS decides the dates based upon what is pending in DOL then that means they are pretty sure that all the cases are going to be certified. Then what is the significance of labor certification process?

We do not know that ..

mjossan said:
Then I think we must lobby USCIS to decide cutoff dates based upon the cases that are filed and not on what they expect. I don't think there is any law which requires the USCIS to regulate visa numbers on what they expect and not on what they already have. If USCIS decides the dates based upon what is pending in DOL then that means they are pretty sure that all the cases are going to be certified. Then what is the significance of labor certification process?

mjossan,

The DOS allocates visas based on feedback from DOL. The USCIS follows the dates released by DOS. The problem is that the DOL does not have its act together. They have only recently started approving cases from the BECs. Also the DOL only keeps a count of the pending labors without any stats on the country of origin of the applicants so all they know is that 300,000 cases are pending. The other huge problem is that a lot of EB3s stuck in BECs went ahead and applied EB3s labors via PERM and so did EB2s. Most of the PERM cases have alread been approved. So now we have a situation where there are thousands of duplicate labors in the system with no way to track them. Add to that the 245is and labor subtitution and you have the PERFECT STORM of disaster .. to bad we are in the middle of that storm :)

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator: