What is Code 1 biometric ?

varpu

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have received FP Code 1 biometric. While searching the threads in Forum, I found that Code 1 is for I-485, but not sure what is Code 1 Biometric is ?. As I guessed Code 2 is for biometric.

Guru's Could you please shed some light on this.

TIA

This is what I understand it to be ..

FP notices usually have 3 types of codes. Code 1, Code 2 and Code 3. Here is what they mean -

Code 1 - FP of ten fingers.

Code 2 - FP of ten fingers along with index finger FP. (I am not completely certain of this one)

Code 3 - FP of ten fingers, FP of index finger, digital photo and signature.

Code 3 is a rather recent devleopment. Once a code 3 FP is complete the physical GC can be mailed out without having the PP stamped first. During PP stamping they take a picture and FP of the index finger. This is necessary for the physical card. Now that this is done during the Code 3 FP process the GC can be mailed to the applicant without waiting for the PP stamping. Lately most people have been getting Code 3 FP notices but there are still a lot of Code 1 and Code 2 FP notices out there.

Hope this information helps.

regards,

saras

Saras, Thanks for the reply.
Thats what I also thought . But as I stated earlier that My Code is 1 (Which is for 10 Fingers).

Also my notice states that I have to go to get my biometrics taken. which confused me.

As I found out the about the biometric from Biometric.org here is what how they have defined What is biometric ?
" Biometrics are automated methods of recognizing a person based on a physiological or behavioral characteristic. Among the features measured are; face, fingerprints, hand geometry, handwriting, iris, retinal, vein, and voice. "

which i think should includes photos, signature and index fingerprint .

So I am not sure what the difference between Code 1,2 and Code 3 biometric ?

Thx

saras76 said:
Code 2 - FP of ten fingers along with index finger FP. (I am not completely certain of this one)
Code 2 is index finger, photo and signature. I have it done for EAD about month ago.