What is Chicago Lockbox? Confused now...

ett

Registered Users (C)
I live in Nebraska. I saw many people have sent the whole package to chicago lockbox, just wonder what exactly is it?
I found the following address from USCIS website, it is the filling address of I-485 for family based filing:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Is that the "Chicago Lockbox" you guys are using? Should I file to this address as well?Thanks a lot.

you can file both the I-485 and I-130 at the same time in the same envelope to the chicago lockbox. As you'll soon realize, the mailing instructions on the forms aren't up to date. I just sent all my forms to the Chicago lockbox. Note, there's two different address and the one you choose will depend on whether you're shipping using USPS, or another service like Fed-Ex.

Good luck.

Chicago lockbox is a mail sorting/check cashing facility run by Bank One for the US Department of the Treasury on behalf of USCIS. What they do there is receive all family based AOS applications, take out the forms, sort them into a form that is more suitable for USCIS records, and forward them to the National Benefits Center. They also deal with the cashing of the large numbers of checks that come with the forms (hence why they are run by a bank).

My I-130 check was returned but kept the form

Sumbitted form I-485/I-130/I-131/1-765 for my spouse and I ( H1B and H4) to the Dallas Lockbox. We sent $1070 for each of us plus another check for $420. We received acceptance receipts for all forms except the I-130, stating that the appilcations have been received and are being processed at the Texas Service Center. We received a separate letter with our returned check $420 from the Chicago Lockbox. The letter read.." recently, ou submitted an application for immigration benefits. That form was submitted with extra remittance that is not required to process your application. Your check is being returned to you with this notice. No additional actin by you is required at this time". Can someone please tell me what to do?
Thanks

Sumbitted form I-485/I-130/I-131/1-765 for my spouse and I ( H1B and H4) to the Dallas Lockbox. We sent $1070 for each of us plus another check for $420. We received acceptance receipts for all forms except the I-130, stating that the appilcations have been received and are being processed at the Texas Service Center. We received a separate letter with our returned check $420 from the Chicago Lockbox. The letter read.." recently, ou submitted an application for immigration benefits. That form was submitted with extra remittance that is not required to process your application. Your check is being returned to you with this notice. No additional actin by you is required at this time". Can someone please tell me what to do?
Thanks
Why did you submit I-130? On what basis are you filing for a green card?

Basis for filing I-130

Approved I-140, present status is H1B and PD is current. AOS for myself and my spouse who is currently H4.
Thanks

Approved I-140, present status is H1B and PD is current. AOS for myself and my spouse who is currently H4.
Thanks
Again, why did you file I-130 when you already have an approved I-140? I-130 is immigrant petition for relatives of green card holders or US citizens. You are neither at this time. Your spouse is a derivative applicant on your approved I-140 and does not need a separate I-130.

Hope you selected option b on your spouse's I-485 application under Part 2 Application Type.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-130 Check returned by USCIS

Yes, I did. Thanks a lot for the clarification. That explains the returned check. Essentially, the I-130 is not necessary and will not be processed.
Thanks nkm-oct23