what is better getting laid off or continue without pay.

Kishur

Registered Users (C)
Guys I smelling the worst situation. I\'ll back to bench Jan first week 2002. For today it is 180 days since the RD of I-485. My employer may lay-off me next month by jan 15th. But he may give me an option to continue there without pay. What may be best for me? Kindly give your advice.

I believe it would take at least 2- 3months for approval. May be in March.

I yet to receive FP notice. WAC-01-262..
RD 06/20 ND 08/20, San Jose ASC.

Your thought please.
thanks
kishur

Please Consult an Attorney. I\'m pretty Sure you\'ll get job in Jan 2002.

Please Consult an Attorney. I\'m pretty Sure you\'ll get job in Jan 2002. Couple of my friends has got offers ( even as consultants ) to start after Mid January, so pretty positive that there will be lots of job available after January and specially permanent jobs.

So you may use AC21 after 180 days of Receipt Date. But I would say go for an attorney.

Good Luck.

Well attorney is unsure about new law.

Attorney suggests to stay with current company. Hope you are right about job market. I will start searching from Jan 2nd, 2002.
Thank you for your opinion.
kishur

Posting again.

It is realy good and surprising news about some company\'s hiring consultants. Are you talking about Bay area or other places.
thanks
kishur

just change your job after 6ms from the RD and

inform the INS with the new job.

You should find a new job imo.

What happens if you stick with your current job without pay, and then get an RFE for paystubs? Not the best of situation to be in. The better option will be to find a job while on payrole, and then switch.

This is not an advice. Pl. consult your lawyer.
-Raju