What is background/security check?

ddaa2

Registered Users (C)
Most of the OCT and NOV that haven't get approvals are victims of this so called "security check", what is it? calling VSC, BCIS, asking atternoy or getting help from senator are not helpful at all since nobody has control on this security check while it is mandatory.

My question is how do you know your background check is passed or not! there's no way now you can
contact VSC and know the problem of your case pending there is caused by this stupid check

Sounds like something imaginary that was created to give you an impression that they're waiting on something (which nobody knows exactly what), while in fact it was actually intended to delay or prolong the processing of your case! :mad:

I agree. In fact I believe I am one of these victims of these checks. It is very confusing, you would think that FBI can type in your name and some relevant info. into one database, and the database should tell them whether you are clean or not. How long would this take? 30 seconds? I really don't understand why it is taking so long. Unless FBI does not have such a database and they have to do checkings by hand.

RD 11/05/01
RFE 03/24/03
RFE rcvd 04/24/03

AD ???

I agree. In fact I believe I am one of these victims of these checks. It is very confusing, you would think that FBI can type in your name and some relevant info. into one database, and the database should tell them whether you are clean or not. How long would this take? 30 seconds? I really don't understand why it is taking so long. Unless FBI does not have such a database and they have to do checkings by hand

Yes, you are right. I cannot remember where I read it maybe it was on the murthy site, but one of the processses that BCIS hopes to have automated is the FBI name check. and so if you have a surname with the names of your street, village and city combined into one , most likely they will misspell it. :D

I bet they misspelled my name.....

Now, the question here is that once you file goes to adjudications and some officer gets that file:
1. Does he go through the whole file, generate RFE if he/she needs to even if security check is not completed?

Or

2. He/She looks at the security check before everything else and if it is still pending, he will not look at other stuff. (this would leave the possibility of RFE for already so delayed cases)

Are there any examples from which we can determine how this process goes.

My file had been in adjudications twice (I got it from calling VSC twice and speaking to IIOs in the past) but no decision was made. After the 2nd time if was in Adjudications, I got 2nd FP notice, no decision again.

Thanks.

I don't know what is the general rule, for my case, I believe they issued RFE first. After they received RFE response, they sent out a security check. I know this because I called them after they received my RFE response, and the IIO said they just sent out a security check, and asked me to call back in 30 days.

my case

my lawyer called the VCS they said they are waiting for my security check result. Otherwise my file will put pull on the complete adjustication. So my understanding is the process is like:
1. file sign to officer
2. the officer have a check list. Security check result from FBI is one item in the list.
3. If they didn't received the result. The case will put on hold.

I am still in waiting here. Don't know when the good news will happen.

RD 10/01
ND 11/01

Lotus_pray

Security check

We should ask Mr. Khanna or Mrs. Murthy what is this security check-what is the actual procedure- and how long does it usually take. Since my transfer, I've been waiting for this check to come through in order to get my interview.

I am an October 2001 filer, just like most of you guys.

image the worst situation:

VSC is only approving cases that passed this security check, that's why we're seeing Jan, Feb cases coming. But those unlucky cases like ours were left behind and nobody is paying attention now.

VSC might come back to our cases do a review after couple of months, if still no pass, then let cases sit several months and repeat this useless process. They are not going to spend time on investegating why our names failed to pass.

We need to do something to push VSC go further for our cases.
I think the best way to let VSC hear our concern is to ask Mr. Rajiv set up a petetion for us to sigh up.

check my other link:

VSC petetion

Everyone says we must do something, no one suggests how?

Can some one clarify how to ask Mr. Khana to intervene? Also, define the action items that one needs to go through to get this done.

Any one experienced?

Thanks.

Even I feel I am a victim of this stupid security check system. It is possible that they found a hit in my name and hence the cause of delay. I also worked in Middle east and that might be another reason for hold in my case. :confused: :confused:

Oct1RD01,

Send Mr. Khana an email, tell him how long your case pending, and ask him if he could set up a petetion of VSC I485 processing for us.

I got reply from Mr. Khana, and I think he considering this.

Oct1RD01,

Send Mr. Khana an email, tell him how long your case pending, and ask him if he could set up a petetion of VSC I485 processing for us.

I got reply from Mr. Khana, and I think he considering this.