What is back ground check ........

waiting for fbi security check

hi guys,
i was interviewed today in los angeles. officer said that everything is in order but my passport did not get stamp because my fbi security clearance is not yet available. he said it would take 4-6 weeks... :( i have no idea when this will be all over... :mad:

Xpadre,

Do you come originally form a country within the special registration program?

Thanks in advance

xpadre said:
hi guys,
i was interviewed today in los angeles. officer said that everything is in order but my passport did not get stamp because my fbi security clearance is not yet available. he said it would take 4-6 weeks... :( i have no idea when this will be all over... :mad:

Thanks xpadre,

I was trying to find a pattern to the cases where the FBI is taking longer time to clear. It looks to me like there is no obvious pattern for these cases. The only clear pattern at the INS is the group of Bozos who work over there.

Good luck!

is FBI name check mandatory step before approval

xpadre said:
hi guys,

Hi Guys,
one questions, is FBI name check a mandatory step in addition to FP for I485 approval. I fax an name check inquiry to FBI, they taold me UCIS did not send any name check request to FBI. I completed 2nd FP on 8/20.
WAC 03 049 5XXXX.

Thanks,

junjun said:
Hi Guys,
one questions, is FBI name check a mandatory step in addition to FP for I485 approval. I fax an name check inquiry to FBI, they taold me UCIS did not send any name check request to FBI. I completed 2nd FP on 8/20.
WAC 03 049 5XXXX.

Thanks,
can you please put the timelines - when you sent your enquiry to fbi, when was response received. Thanks.

name check status inquiry

waiting_for_485 said:
can you please put the timelines - when you sent your enquiry to fbi, when was response received. Thanks.
Hi,
I faxed fbi name check status inquiry on 9/16/2004. called them again this Monday. they send email today (Wednesday).

Thanks,

junjun said:
Hi,
I faxed fbi name check status inquiry on 9/16/2004. called them again this Monday. they send email today (Wednesday).

Thanks,

Hi, junjun,

May I ask what number you called? Thanks.

gbmomgc said:
Hi, junjun,

May I ask what number you called? Thanks.
Hi,

i got those numbers from Raghul's post.
FBI name check status: 202-324-3625
FBI name check inquiry fax: 202-324-3367