what is alien card number on AR-11

manoj2003

Registered Users (C)
Do we need to fill it?

it says "Alien Card number" , is it something from our visa/i-194 or from GC, any idea,

thx in advance..

-manoj

If you are in non-immigrant status (H-1B, F-1, etc), Alien Number is your I-94 card number.

If you are already an immigrant (permanent resident), it will be your Green Card (Alien Registration Card) number.

I am not sure but isn't it the same as your A number? If yes, then it can be found on your reciept notice.

Jharkandi / Marais,
What if somebody does not have a receipt notice yet? Say, if someone has not started the LC process yet and if they file AR-11 to notify of address change, what will Alien number be?

In my case, SESA has not yet processed my LC application (RIR). However my lawyer advised me to file AR-11 when I moved and I used the I-94 card number from my H-1B visa.

Do you think I have done something wrong? Please clarify.
Thanks.

Originally posted by mvinays
Jharkandi / Marais,
What if somebody does not have a receipt notice yet? Say, if someone has not started the LC process yet and if they file AR-11 to notify of address change, what will Alien number be?

In my case, SESA has not yet processed my LC application (RIR). However my lawyer advised me to file AR-11 when I moved and I used the I-94 card number from my H-1B visa.

Do you think I have done something wrong? Please clarify.
Thanks.

A# number is usually not assigned until I-485 is applied for and a receipt notice is issued for it. Until then use I-94 number.

which receipt number?

AR-11 is common for even people having just h1b, what do they put there?

A number on our GC notices are not valid till we get Gc, is it not correct?

plz correct me if i am wrong..

I thought AR-11 needs to be also filed by persons having H-1B even if they are not pursuing the GC process. For such cases, I-94 card number should be good enough.

Originally posted by manoj2003
which receipt number?

The idea of AR-11 is to keep a track of your current location.

A-number is valid even before GC approval(for ex if you want to get someone in USA on visitor visa.).

As H1b people can be tracked thru their employers, it was not meant for H1b people in their mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
manoj,

1) In the "Notice of Action" (Receipt Notice) a number under "BENEFICIARY" is the A # number

It will be in the format "A 11- 111-111" .

2) I have no idea how to get this if you dont have any receipt notice..!!!

Originally posted by manoj2003
which receipt number?

FYI:
Today I have called up CIS to change my address by phone. INS officer changed my address over the phone, as well she mentioned to file to AR-11. She told me that if you file AR-11 alone, address change would not reflect on your pending applications. She said that you should call CIS to change address on your pending cases and as well you should file AR-11 to inform Department Of Homeland Security about your change of address.