What if you miss your FP appointment?

Jackolantern

Registered Users (C)
I am going to travel (within the US) for a couple of weeks in early May. The latest visa bulletin shows that my priority date will become current in May, and my last FP was more than 15 months ago, so they will probably send me a fingerprint notice soon.

Suppose the FP notice arrives when I am gone, so I don't find out about it until I return and miss the appointment as a result. Do they reject the I-485 quickly, forcing me to do a Motion To Reopen and all that hassle? Or is there a time frame within which I can schedule another FP appointment without having the I-485 rejected?

OK, I've done some more searching and reading of this site and found that it usually isn't a problem if you schedule another appointment or do a walk-in within a few days after missing it.

Walk in should be fine...

Yes, you can simply walk in with the fp notice..they'll do the needful without any fuss..

OK, I've done some more searching and reading of this site and found that it usually isn't a problem if you schedule another appointment or do a walk-in within a few days after missing it.