What If RFE comes and job change

vscgreen

Registered Users (C)
Guys, what if RFE comes for employment letter + pay stubs and someone changes the job. That means the person has new employment letter and pay stub from old employer.

What should be done in that case?

1. Submit old pay stub and new employment letter.
2. Or wait and submit new pay stub and new employment letter.

OR

???????

Please give your advise on this. I am hoping it won't happen, but what if it does.

:confused:

Answer to your question

By regulation and procedures you have to notify INS if there is a job change. And when you do that you mightl be issued an RFE needing information on your new emplyer and pay stubs. If you don't notify and change jobs and get an rfe for pay stubs and letter, then you might be in a very difficult situation unless your previous employer is willing to co-operate with you.

I hope this helps!

Don't worry...

Vikman, Don't scare the guy...

Don't worry... It is up to you to decide... talk to your attorney... If I were you I will see how many paystub BCIS is asking and if it is worth 3 months... I will wait for atleast 2 paystub from the new employer and four from old and employment letter from new employer mentioning continued employment, job title and similar job responsibilities...

Don't worry things will be ok...

Do i need to inform the BCIS regarding job change or new employer will do that?

What if i don't inform BCIS about job change and i don't get RFE also?

vscgreen

answer to first....
If you want to, I have read some people doing it. I didn't but rec'd RFE and responded than...

second...
Then celebrate, consider yourself Lucky :)

There is nothing to worry. Generally, new employment is replied along with the RFE. There has been lots of cases like this and people have got approved. Even if you send a letter there is no proof that they have received it. When you reply with RFE there is a number along with it. I referred it from Murthy.com

Please refer to Question 10 in this link
http://www.murthy.com/UDac21qa.html#10

Hope this helps.

Anyway, this is my interpretation and suggesstions. I am not a lawyer.

Right thing to do

I was just writing what has been said and written on immigration websites by attorneys. People take chances all the time.. and everyone has their own experiences and heresay knowledge... Anyway its your call..
But before you proceed, speak to good attorney for 15 minutes to 1/2 hour, it might be a paid consultation but will give you peace of mind.

I got lay off from my sponsoring employer in June of 2001 and got a new job in Jan 2003. I had to change the attonrey. My attorney told me that it is not a hard and fast rule to inform bcis abt job change. He suggested me to wait and see if there is a RFE, and the employment letter from the new employer can be sent at that time.

Looks like it depends on the individual attorney whether we should inform job change or not.,

Hope this helps

nothing to worry

I am exactly in the same boat and guess what - they wanted just 2 paystubs - so I am sending one from the old one and one fomr the new one (there was even a gap in the middle where i did NOT get a paycheck).

I guess you could say I should play it safe, but my attorney assures me it is nothing to worry about.

Good luck to both you and me...