What if Packet 4 is NOT received??

sanjay76

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

My Packet 4 was mailed on Nov 3 by Mumbai just like some other people in the forum. My interview is on Dec 9. I am leaving on Nov 23 (Tuesday) and am wondering what happens if I do not receive P4 before I leave? Shoud I contact US consulate, Mumbai? I am not from Mumbai so I guess I cannot collect it from the window.
Can they send me the documents by email?

Please provide feedback.
Thanks
S

Last edited by a moderator:
Sanjay76,

I have read elsewhere on the Forum that you can request consulate to send P4 to your India address. Actually, that's what I intend to do.

Bulandhausla

sanjay76 said:
Folks,

My Packet 4 was mailed on Nov 3 by Mumbai just like some other people in the forum. My interview is on Dec 9. I am leaving on Nov 23 (Tuesday) and am wondering what happens if I do not receive P4 before I leave? Shoud I contact US consulate, Mumbai? I am not from Mumbai so I guess I cannot collect it from the window.
Can they send me the documents by email?

Please provide feedback.
Thanks
S

sachingp said:
Alren, Raju

Can P4 be collected from Consulate Window if packet nt recieved

sachingp

You may go yourself or send a representative with all details and collect the Interview appointment letter from the Consulate.

Raju

Yes. U essentially just need the appt. letter. (As Raju said you can send a rep. too)

Mumbai is a cake. Only thing to make sure that the information window (where you collect the appt. letter) has limited timing. I think it is 8 (or 9) to 11. So make sure about that. It's a lloooonnnnnngggggggg line out there so go at least 30-45 mins before closing.

Good luck.

Hi sanjay76,

Could I ask you how you could know that your packet4 was sent?
(I really want to find a clue to know when I can expect my interview too.)

Thank you,
pochi

Receiving the P4 would kinda late for you to know when's the interview.
* Usually you can call the consulate about 5th of the month to see if your interview is scheduled.
* Around 15th of the mo. the consulate will post on the website the schedule for next month.

alren,

Thank you for your information.
I will try them to get any information about my interview date.

pochi