What If Laid Off After 180 Days Of Filing 485?

smahajan

Registered Users (C)
COuld anyone let me know the options if one gets laid of after 180 days of filing 485. I filed my 485 n Jan 2001, and am fearing cuts at my employer. I would really appreciate it if someone could explain the options I have.

Thanks

SM

Here is the answer...

You have 60 days to find a job similiar to the one that your labor certificate is approved for. This is the exact same question that I asked my lawyer.

No Title

The easiest thing to do is use your EAD to find a new job. Its much easier to find a job if you dont need H1 sponsorship. The job should be in the same category as your current one.
Also, get a letter from your employer that you are being laid off.
You should not have much problems. I know quite a few people who were in the same situation as you are and have got their approval. Take it easy.

Thanks a lot

How does the transfer fo paerwork work from attorney to attorney? I am thinking the current attorney would not continue to work on my case as he is not my personal attorny?

Thanks

Thanks a lot Sunny

How does the transfer fo paperwork work from attorney to attorney? I am thinking the current attorney woudl not continue to work on my case as he is not my personal attorny?

Thanks

No Title

I am sure that is not a big hassle. You will have fill a form with INS for change of attorney.
Your new attorney should be able to advise you about the details.

Sunny485 , Is it

mandatory that the salary has to be equal or greater than the salary approved for labor certification, as the economy slowdown brought down the prevailing wages for the specified job?

How using EAD is different than GreenCard?

Now a days people are asking for Green Card. If I explain about EAD no one is understanding. So, I am saying I have a greencard so that they don\'t have to sponsor me (atleast to the recruiter to get through). What difference it makes betn. EAD and Greencard? What is that I-9 fuss about? Any one?

No Title

Yes Salary should be equal or greater... but INS might consider the current economic conditions etc.

No Title

Every employer is required to ask every employee to fill theI-9 form to verify employment eligibility in US. EAD or GC can be used to show employment eligibility.