What if I move between interview and oath?

joannak

Registered Users (C)
We are relocating for hubby's job, and we just put our house on the market. We're hoping to move by July, but it will all depend on when the house sells. My interview is in about 4 weeks. What will happen if we end up having to move before the oath (assuming my interview goes well and I'm approved of course)? We'd be moving to a different district. The possible scenarios if I get approved on May 15th and we do have to move this summer are:
1. best case: oath before moving
2. oath letter before moving, oath date after moving --> can I still do the oath?
3. oath letter not received by move date --> do I fill out the address change and would I have a residency issue at the new district? or any other issues?

Thanks!

A1: Totally agree
A2: Yes, provided your new address still falls in the jurisdiction of the DO
A3: I don't think the 3 month residency requirement exists for post-interview processes of the N-400 journey. However I may be wrong.

2. oath letter before moving, oath date after moving --> can I still do the oath?
3. oath letter not received by move date --> do I fill out the address change and would I have a residency issue at the new district? or any other issues?

Hmmm...I got an email notifying me that someone replied to my last post in the early hours today. Someone hit the delete button? :)

We are relocating for hubby's job, and we just put our house on the market. We're hoping to move by July, but it will all depend on when the house sells. My interview is in about 4 weeks. What will happen if we end up having to move before the oath (assuming my interview goes well and I'm approved of course)? We'd be moving to a different district. The possible scenarios if I get approved on May 15th and we do have to move this summer are:

Thanks!

If you move out of your current DO jurisdiction you will have to return there for the interview and the oath.