What if I miss my 2nd FP?

eventually

Registered Users (C)
I will be going out of the country for 3 weeks and I am expecting to receive my 2nd FP while I am gone .. I hope that the FP scheduled date is after I come back into the US ..

In any case, What would be my penalty for missing 2nd FP appointment .. Any ideas, clues, that I can use .. so that I dont miss 2nd FP ??

Thanks!

1. If you miss 2FP you will be reissued with a FP notice.
2. FP's are scheduled atleast 6 weeks in advance. So unless you are going to be out of the country that long there is no cause to worry.

Just ensure that someone checks your mailbox periodically and clears out the junk mail. Worst case you can postpone your FP. But a strong word of advice, NEVER mess with FP dates, just get them done with ASAP.

140_takes_4ever said:
1. If you miss 2FP you will be reissued with a FP notice.
2. FP's are scheduled atleast 6 weeks in advance. So unless you are going to be out of the country that long there is no cause to worry.

Just ensure that someone checks your mailbox periodically and clears out the junk mail. Worst case you can postpone your FP. But a strong word of advice, NEVER mess with FP dates, just get them done with ASAP.

140takesforever,

Thanks for sharing your opinion ... I feel the same way. But, its my wedding in my home country .. I guess I am needed for that .. :D Gottu go .. :)

Tell me this:

I guess I can postpone FP appointment only after I get a notice? I still have not received 2nd FP notice ..

So, I think it might be OK to still go out of country for 3 weeks and be back by the time I get an appointment ..

your suggestions are welcome ... thanks ... :)

Usually they give more than 3 weeks notice. if you find the letter in your mail box after you come back and notice that the date has gone by, just take the letter to ASC. You should be able to do FP...

eventually said:
140takesforever,

Thanks for sharing your opinion ... I feel the same way. But, its my wedding in my home country .. I guess I am needed for that .. :D Gottu go .. :)

Tell me this:

I guess I can postpone FP appointment only after I get a notice? I still have not received 2nd FP notice ..

So, I think it might be OK to still go out of country for 3 weeks and be back by the time I get an appointment ..

your suggestions are welcome ... thanks ... :)

Have added your fiance as derivative to your case or are you planning to do that OR
are you planning to wait 5 (i think) years after approval to be with your wife. Hmmmm.

eventually said:
Personally I think you should be okay. Here are a few things you should consider:
1. Take a look at the poll started by Pinnacle_man and one started by me last week, both polls conclusively show that there is a high probability of approval within 60 days after FP. So you want to make sure that you have all your documents ready for your wife's derivative application, BEFORE you go home, whereby when you come back you can immediately file for AOS
2. It takes atleast 20-30 days to get an appointment at a US consulate in India, for the spouse, AFTER you get married and show them the paperwork. And it might take some more days to issue a visa.

So all things said and done, move like your ass is on fire. If possible, the day you land, you should get an arranged marriage in a court take the documents file for an appointment. Hopefully you will receive her appointment before you leave for the US, and can bring her back too. If you have your paperwork ready, the day you come back, send in the marriage certificates and you are all set.

Offcourse all of the above is moot if you have already taken it into considersation, and the girl has a green card/citizenship, or is in the same process as yourself.

Regardless, Good luck for both the GC process and the upcoming nuptials. :)

(*Music in the background* - Another one bites the dust, and another one gone, and another one gone, another one bites the dust! :))

Whats your location?

AATA_NAHIN said:
I got my FP notice on July 29 and FP is scheduled for Aug. 20, <4weeks.

Aata_Nahin,

I think the notice time is dependent on the load at a given location. I see that most people in San Diego gets FP appt after a month? my $0.02 ..

Which was your FP location?

Thanks

CSC Liaison Meeting of May 26, 2004

FYI, CSC emphasized the importance of not re-scheduling fingerprint appointments, as this will significantly delay the process. If an applicant misses two fingerprint appointments, the case may be denied.

Location is Portland, OR

You may be right. My location is Portland, Oregon.
eventually said:
Aata_Nahin,

I think the notice time is dependent on the load at a given location. I see that most people in San Diego gets FP appt after a month? my $0.02 ..

Which was your FP location?

Thanks