What if I don't send the letter (AC21) ?

marlon2006

Registered Users (C)
I talked to a lawyer on the phone that tells me sending AC21 letter to USCIS advising that I am going to work for another employer is optional, OK if I don't send the letter. Is that correct ?

I-140 approved.
I-485 RD = 02/23/05.

marlon2006 said:
I talked to a lawyer on the phone that tells me sending AC21 letter to USCIS advising that I am going to work for another employer is optional, OK if I don't send the letter. Is that correct ?

I-140 approved.
I-485 RD = 02/23/05.

Yes he is right. You can answer if you get an RFE.

That is correct, I enquired about the same question from 3 different attorney's and all of them gave me the same reply, that this rule is not written anywhere for AC21 (but at the same time its no where written that it is NOT required).

I took thier advice and did not file the AC21.
Atleast I dont have to worry about filings, AC21 approvals, posting & checking the forums daily :D

If you dont file AC21 and: what happens when previous employer revokes I-140 and your I-485 is denied by USCIS as underlying I-140 is revoked?

NOID is issued by SERVICE Center....

Hey jamba,
When I-140 is revoked by the employer,USCIS issues NOID(Notice of Intent to Deny) asking for proof of employment,with present employer's EVL,.and NOID should be replied within 33 days.
And if your covered by "same or Similar" job and >180 days I-485 RD,then you should not have any problem.
This happend to me and my attorney just replied back to NSC on aug 11th.
So waiting for NSC to adjudicate by Oct 1st.(my case is EB3).

HOPE THIS HELPS,
thanks,
Abhi
I-485 RD:03/14/2003 NSC