what, if anything, should i do?

nikko

Registered Users (C)
I'm a little concerned that my interview letter hasn't shown up yet. According to the official processing times, I shouldn't be worried yet. Based on the experiences shared by users in the Los Angeles tracking thread, however, I am a little concerned.

I submitted my application on April 28th, 2006. A couple of weeks later, I got a receipt notice from CIS. The "Received Date" & "Priority Date" on the letter are both May 3, 2006. I just checked the status online and it shows a priority date of May 8, 2006. Not sure what the reason for the discrepancy is but I trust it's not a big deal. A couple of days later I got my fingerprint notice. It stated that I should have my fingerprints taken on May 24th or any subsequent Wednesday. I ended up having them taken on June 28th.

I'm still waiting for my interview letter. Meanwhile, a user in the L.A. forum applied only two days before me and he will be sworn in as a citizen on 9/22. He said he received his interview letter on 7/28 for a 9/6 interview. Another user reported submitting his app a month after me and he has his interview scheduled for 9/22.

Even if my interview letter shows up tomorrow, I'm at least a month behind someone who applied a month after me. Just wondering what I should be doing to stay on top of it. If this is an indication that I'm stuck in name check hell, what can I do about it?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, advice, or words of wisdom you can share.

foreverafter said:
I would suggest you go for infopass and check what the status is.

Good luck.

Just an update: I went in for an Infopass appointment. I was told my background check was submitted on 8/6/06. So I guess I have until 12/6/06 before I should be worried.