What I should do? Please advise.

Kay2

Registered Users (C)
I got this email from FBI. ND Nov. 11, 2001.

This is in reference to your facsimile dated August 10, 2004, concerning the immigration status of you and your wife.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services was received for you on January 14, 2003, and is currently in a pending status. However, the FBI completed a record check for your wife on December 17, 2002, and the results were forwarded to the USCIS.

I am sorry we are unable to be of more assistance at this time.

You have to put pressure on FBI (by explaining the hardships due to thier delays and creating sympathy). Call them and talk to a representative and plead them to give you some tentative time frame within which they will resolve this issue. Also send a reply to the Email (if it is not an automatic Email). Wait for 1 or 2 months, and then complain to your congress man about the delay by FBI. Keep fighting.
Good Luck.

Thank you

Thank you for your advice. I will try all of these. Do you think a lawyer can make a difference.

dsatish said:
You have to put pressure on FBI (by explaining the hardships due to thier delays and creating sympathy). Call them and talk to a representative and plead them to give you some tentative time frame within which they will resolve this issue. Also send a reply to the Email (if it is not an automatic Email). Wait for 1 or 2 months, and then complain to your congress man about the delay by FBI. Keep fighting.
Good Luck.
dsatish: I agree with you. I got the similar message from FBI month ago and still thinking how to handle this. ic

I called FBI again

I called FBI again. They said there is nothing they can do until pending name check is over. They cannot give me any reason for pending case. They told me to send another fax after one month. I do not think this changes anything. I am completley hopless now.

Kay2 said:
I called FBI again. They said there is nothing they can do until pending name check is over. They cannot give me any reason for pending case. They told me to send another fax after one month. I do not think this changes anything. I am completley hopless now.
I don’t understand what FBI said. They handle name checking stuff. WHY THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO???? :mad: :mad: :mad: