What happens when 485 is approved, but AP, and EAD are still pending approval?

curiousGeorge

Registered Users (C)
What happens if 485 is approved, but AP, and EAD extensions are still pending approval?

Would you get a refund for the EAD and AP fees?

Anyone had this happen?

If they were to obide by the same rules that online stores obide by, they would only charge the customer after the product ships.

But who am I kidding, this is the government we're talking about, they couldn't possibly allow themselves to follow the same rules that they force everyone else to follow.

:mad:

They still approve......

I had applied for my EAD extension. The online message for 485 changed to approved, however for a couple of days the EAD message did not change (We received your application.........). However, the EAD message is also now changed to approved. I am yet to receive the card though.

Refund from them ????????

ummmm ..... if they ask u to fill form and pay more fees to get ur refund then????????? :) hehhe just joking.........

Good Luck

I think StuckInTexas lucked out in this issue ...

.. he had submitted an application (AP or EAD I'm not sure) with the wrong fee (actually more than what was required) and they actually rejected his application. In the meanwhile, his I-485 got approved. So, it was money back for him.

The USCIS view is that the fee is to open your envelope and provide you with an RD/ND. That's it. So they can justify keeping all of your money.

rightly said ...

... the fee is for somebody to actually search for your mail/envelope in their mail room, open it and dump it promptly !!!