What happens if you get laid off after 485 approval

CSC_AOS

Registered Users (C)
Everybody wants to get that approval in time before the lay off hits them. I have read on different websites that you have to work for at least 6 month with the sponsoring company after 485 approval.

Does this mean that even after approval of 485, we are not safe yet. Any thoughts on this? Also, links to websites are appreciated.

No Title

If you get laid off, then it\'s not your fault and actually it could be a bless for you. So called 6 months rule is nowhere in the law. It\'s more of a recommendation to be on a safer side than a rule you must strictly obey.

Thank you guys

I was reading and researching this subject on different web sites this weekend but i never got a clear answer. I am gonna try to call my lawyer tomorrow.
But what you said makes sence. I mean it is not your fault if you were laid off. The only question i have is about future complications with citizenship.

Where did you guys get your information? Is is on a website somehere?

PS Getting laid off is never a blessing in such an economy. I hope no one gets laid off.

Is it the Approval date or the stamping date that counts?

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering...Is it the Approval date or the passport stamping date that counts?
I have a friend who has been approved since April, but has not gotten the passport stamp (since he is waiting for his dependent approvals). Can he quit after 6 months of the Approval date or after 6 months of the passport stamp date.

Thanks

Then how to explain that..

you may change jobs if your I485 has been pending for over 6 months? Why there\'s no faith issue here? Many of my friends switched jobs only 1-3 months after I485 approvals. Guess staying in current company for 6 more months is for your own safety, but it\'s no longer a necessity, especially if you find a much better career chance. Time to move on.

Just my 2 cents.