• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

what happens if the fingerprints are unreadable at POE?

morpheus1234

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

After long time of waiting i finally got my passport with the visa on it. this forum was very helpful during that process so thanks a lot!
I am planning to fly soon and activate the GC.
there is one thing I am worried about, I have an eczema that effects the fingertips:
on some fingers there are no prints at all, on others its hard to tell,
at the day of the interview there were some fingers that were OK, but since then it got worse :(
I obtained a letter form a doctor that declares that I have this condition and that it affects my fingerprints.

Can I be denied to enter at POE due to this(what if all prints are damaged)? What about the physical GC? as I understand it has my prints, so how will they be able to issue it?

I've been reading that this condition could be a result of stress... but whenever I think about it I get even more stressed:(

Please advise
Thanks!

Hi guys,

After long time of waiting i finally got my passport with the visa on it. this forum was very helpful during that process so thanks a lot!
I am planning to fly soon and activate the GC.
there is one thing I am worried about, I have an eczema that effects the fingertips:
on some fingers there are no prints at all, on others its hard to tell,
at the day of the interview there were some fingers that were OK, but since then it got worse :(
I obtained a letter form a doctor that declares that I have this condition and that it affects my fingerprints.

Can I be denied to enter at POE due to this(what if all prints are damaged)? What about the physical GC? as I understand it has my prints, so how will they be able to issue it?

I've been reading that this condition could be a result of stress... but whenever I think about it I get even more stressed:(

Please advise
Thanks!

Don't you worry ! They have other means of recognition, like the facial one...

Agree with vladek, there must be a way around it. I mean, there are some people with amputated hands for example, would be discriminatory to deny them entry.

I carelessly lost the end of one of my fingers a couple of year back and have entered the USA before and after that accident - so yeah I am sure they realise that not everyone can produce 10 perfect fingerprints...

after entry

i'm the principal applicant. lets say i entered the stated ahead of my family so what papers i have to present to immigration at the port. is it only my paper package or mine and my family who are still in their country at that time. and what if my wife and children decide not to follow me for any reason. can i continue with my case alone without them and eventually after five years get the citizenship or i'm going to lose my right to persue my case because they have not followed me.
regards,

after entry

i'm the principal applicant. lets say i entered the stated ahead of my family so what papers i have to present to immigration at the port. is it only my paper package or mine and my family who are still in their country at that time. and what if my wife and children decide not to follow me for any reason. can i continue with my case alone without them and eventually after five years get the citizenship or i'm going to lose my right to persue my case because they have not followed me.
regards,

YOU REALLY NEED TO LEARN TO START YOUR OWN THREADS OR POST IN RELEVANT ONES.

Each person brings their own visa packet. It is part of the visa. And yes you can continue on your own, the principal does not need the derivatives to enter, only the other way around.