what happens after the case moves from NVC to embassy

imqwer

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,
My case has just moved from NVC to US Embassy, Islamabad. It is employment based case and I had opted for CP in my I-140. I contacted the embassy by email and they replied that they have received the electronic file but are waiting for the physical files to reach them from NVC. After they get the paper files, they will send me packet 3.5.
I am confused here because I thought once my case reaches there, they were supposed to give me an interview date. But now this packet 3.5 ?
My question is what is this packet 3.5? I heard about packet 3 and 4 but not this one. What documents they require in that? Do they give the interview date with this packet or I will get this packet from them (I am in US now), respond to what they want, they will review it and then give me the date. The later case seems lengthy but I have seen many mails on this forum saying that it takes only 4-6 weeks after the case reaches the embassy.
Please respond. I am feeling quite confused. Please help, let me know what is this all about?

As i understand from Sachin's posted URL
this is an embassy to embassy dependent procedure, i dont think consulates in india are employing a pre-screening system of any sort
any other CPers from Pakistan had a similar situation ?

/S

Since Pakistan is in Lottery Visa category also they may be doing the documents screening since India is not so no Packet3.5

Pakistan is not in the Lottery Visa scheme now. Anyway, I would really appreciate if any one has any experience relating to Packet 3.5.

imqwer said:
come on !!
I am still waiting for your help here.

I can see that you are annoyed. I am sure the silence from the members is only because there are very few members (if any) who have had experience with this packet 3.5 and who will be able to give you relevant information.

I can only advise you to wait and see.

Raju

'm glad that you took the effort to research it out and resolve your issues.

Good luck.

Hope U got UR answer. I did CP through Islamabad last year.
I am not sure...if thing got changed this yr. But I can tell you from my experience.

Once ur file reaches embassy, they send U Packet 3.5. Once 3.5 is submitted with all the papers ( passport, birth certificate, medical etc ), they will assign U a interview date. But this process is for people in Pakistan ( family based ).

In my case, once I found out my file has reached embassy, I called embassy, and told them that I will submit all the documents, and medical at the time of the interview, and to assign an interview date. They assigned me the interview date, and before I was to leave for Pakistan, I received my packet 3.5. In Pakistan I went through the medical, appeared on the interview date. interview was 5 minutes....no questions... just what do you do. And that it.

Good luck to U.

Thanks all. Here is my experience for any future CP ers.
I checked my case status on NVC phone line which said that the case has been sent to Islamabad. I went on the web site of the US consulate Islamabad. They had an email address for immigration visas. I shooted an email asking about my case. They replied the 2nd day saying that they have recieved the electronic case but are waiting for the physical file to reach there. They asked me to contact them after 2 weeks which I did. I called them. The lady spoke in Urdu and told me that Packet 3.5 has been sent to my US address. I asked if it was possible to get inetrview date without sending them back the documents required in packet 3.5. She replied in the affirmative and advised me to send an email explaining my situation that I am in the US and would submit all documents at the time of interview. I immediately sent them the email and requested them to give me an interview date between 15 - 30 th of Dec. I again got the answer the 2nd day with the interview date - 16 th Dec. They gave me interview date in the range of dates that I requestd. So nice !!