What happenned to Wife's 485 approval?

prabhudeva

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

I have been away from this forum ever since my 485 got approved on March 31st 2005 and so have been pretty out of touch with the latest going on in the USCIS world.

If someone could throw some thoughts on my situation I will really appreciate it.

While my 485 got approved well over an year ago, I have not heard a word on my wife's 485 case. She was filed as my dependent so I am just left wondering what happened to her case. She has had one extra notice for finger printing in between and no other queries or anything else.

My 485 was filed in EB3 category in March 2004 concurrent with 140. Everything got approved for me without any queries on March 31st 2005. My wife was originally on H4, then F1 and at the time of filing 485 was on her H1-B.

Has any of you other folks been in a similar situation or might know what might be going on here? Could it be the retrogation issue eventhough she was filed as my dependent?

Thanks and good luck to all,
Cheers,
Prabhu :)

Just trying to bring this up to attract some attention. Please see the post below and provide some thoughts!

Same thing here: our priority dade is July 2001, EB3.

We applied concurrently in Feb 2004, my husband was approved in Jun 2005 and I am still pending.. But since it's retrogressed now, there is nothing I can do. I am just waiting for those numbers to get current hoping that I am going to get approved right away.. I can only dream.. :)

Hi Calinca,

I am glad I got at least one response back. Can I ask what your status is? Are you on an H1 visa of your own or on H4? Did you go through visa changes before your case was filed or were you always on a dependent visa?

I have heard conflicting views about dependents being consisdered part of retrogession. If dependents have some time on their own H1B, there is likelyhood of delays as they want to save time and look at other cases where the petitioner has very less time left on their H1Bs.

Have you heard of any other theories in this regard.

Cheers,
Prabhu :)

Calinca said:
Same thing here: our priority dade is July 2001, EB3.

We applied concurrently in Feb 2004, my husband was approved in Jun 2005 and I am still pending.. But since it's retrogressed now, there is nothing I can do. I am just waiting for those numbers to get current hoping that I am going to get approved right away.. I can only dream.. :)