What happened to National Customer Service?

wasamericandesi

Registered Users (C)
I called more than 5 times since this morning, and when ever I select the option to talk to live asst, it plays the same crap message "call back during 8-6 M-F to talk to a live personnel".

Looks like the USCIS clock stopped since the eclipse??

American Desi

That's right. It's holiday for this folks. I happen to call them yesterday and have them initiate an inquiry (ha ha ...) about my case since it's 21 months old (too bad ). :rolleyes:

Guys - the CSC will tell you that they are not processing your RD/ND dates yet (JIT is still only December 2001) - if they bother to reply at all.

Originally posted by garun
That's right. It's holiday for this folks. I happen to call them yesterday and have them initiate an inquiry (ha ha ...) about my case since it's 21 months old (too bad ). :rolleyes:

Can we do that? ask them to initiate an inquiry. My 485 is 20 months old now :)
Can you provide more details on the call. Thanks.

Well, all I told the representative that according to the previous conversation with them, I was advised to call back when my case becomes 21 months old, and since now it's so, I was inquiring about my case status.

The representative looked at my case and repeated the same old status. Next she confirmed that current processing time as mentioned by USCIS is 21 months and they could send an inuqiry for any case which has exceeded that time limit. For the inuqiry, she confirmed with me my Name, Alien Number, Address, RD, country of origin, and Category (Employment based, Family based, etc). Then she told me that an inquiry will be initiated to the IIOs and they will send me a reply by mail in 3-4 weeks. That's it, nothing much.

I also called them on 10/17 and asked for initiating an inquiry. I've not received anything (not even any change on website) and also they don't let you do inquiry for a month from the last inquiry. I'm completing 2 yrs wait on 485 on 17th.