What happened?? PLease help me!!!!!

yhhy1

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview on 11/15, got approve letter, but still not receive the oath letter.

I tried to call the USCIS number and some officers use the Application number to check my status, they sais I am already approved and just wait for the oath letter. But I tried to call them today, they use the A number to check the status, and told me still under review. What does this mean, is there something wrong????????

Last time I scheduled an infopass (1/3), the officer told me that first oath in this year is on March. I hope I can attend that one. I am tired of waiting.

My district office is Albuquerque, New Mexico. Belong to TSC

Did you have any issues with your case?
like name change, work GC,travel a lot,traffic tickets ?

Did you have any issues with your case?
like name change, work GC,travel a lot,traffic tickets ?

No, I don't have any of them. I saw the officer put a stamp"approved" on my application. Then he told me need to 1~4 months to schedule the oath.
I just don't know why the USCIS phone number officer told me the different situation.

Because they are foot soldiers.

If the IO told you 1~4 month then just take that at face value.

Thanks

I already schedule the infopass on 2/29, I know the only thing for me is waiting.
But it's almost 90 days. I am really worry about it. I even don't know the USCIS phone number officers reliable or not? It's kind like I cannot catch the last step.

Panic!!!!!!!!!!!

"Under review" means the following in 95 our of a 100 cases.

After you are being interviewed the IO gives your Folder to his/her supervisor for a final review just to make sure everything is correct. That is how mine got delayed because I ended up having to do another Fingerprinting. I don't think there is anything to worry about !

I got actually a Letter from my DO saying my case is under review and a month later I got my Oath Letter

"Under review" means the following in 95 our of a 100 cases.

After you are being interviewed the IO gives your Folder to his/her supervisor for a final review just to make sure everything is correct. That is how mine got delayed because I ended up having to do another Fingerprinting. I don't think there is anything to worry about !

I got actually a Letter from my DO saying my case is under review and a month later I got my Oath Letter

Well, the problem is I called the USCIS, they transfered me to officer few time, they said I already got approved ( they used the application number, and said I am on the waiting list. But today I tried to call them again, the officer used the A number and told me that I still under review.

That's weird, how come they said the different result.

The OTHER thing you can do is call on Monday and since it has been 90 Days since your Interview they can start an Inquiry into your case.
What they do is contact the local DO and you get a Letter withing 45 Days (I got mine after 7 days) and they will tell you what is going on. You can still go to your Infopass but I would also start the Inquiry.

The OTHER thing you can do is call on Monday and since it has been 90 Days since your Interview they can start an Inquiry into your case.
What they do is contact the local DO and you get a Letter withing 45 Days (I got mine after 7 days) and they will tell you what is going on. You can still go to your Infopass but I would also start the Inquiry.

Hi,

Thank you very much.

I will call tomorrow and ask them to help me fill the inquiry, and I already send the message to you, hope you will help me.

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Thank you very much.

I will call tomorrow and ask them to help me fill the inquiry, and I already send the message to you, hope you will help me.

Thanks again

I tried to call the USCIS customer service today and they said they already file an inquiry for me on 1/16( I remembered I told them I prefer to go for infopass), But don't know why they still did it. Well, then I find out they send to the service center instead of my local office. That's make things complicated. I don't know how long I will receive the answer????????????????????????????

I tried to call the convention center and they said the oath ceremony is on 3/14, how come I still not receive the letter?

I scheduled to go for an infopass, hope I will receive the letter before I go for it.

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, then I find out they send to the service center instead of my local office.

I hate to tell you this but that doesn't help you a bit. The service center doesn't have your file anymore. Your DO does. So either the Service Center moves it on to your DO or it just sit's on a desk would be my guess.

I tried to call the convention center and they said the oath ceremony is on 3/14, how come I still not receive the letter?

It always depends on how many people are in the queue and how big the ceremony will be. If there is only room for let's say 50 people then only 50 get to go until the next one. Ontop of that. You usually get your Oath Letter 2-3 weeks in advance. For example I got mine a little over 3 weeks in advance. So you still got a few weeks to wait to be certain you will not be attending the Oath.

I scheduled to go for an infopass, hope I will receive the letter before I go for it.
PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infopass is a good Idea. If you can't reach your IO and USCIS Service Center messed up that is your best option right now. When is your Infopass ??
And please don't panic. It will get resolved soon !

Best of luck to you and keep us posted

I hate to tell you this but that doesn't help you a bit. The service center doesn't have your file anymore. Your DO does. So either the Service Center moves it on to your DO or it just sit's on a desk would be my guess.

It always depends on how many people are in the queue and how big the ceremony will be. If there is only room for let's say 50 people then only 50 get to go until the next one. Ontop of that. You usually get your Oath Letter 2-3 weeks in advance. For example I got mine a little over 3 weeks in advance. So you still got a few weeks to wait to be certain you will not be attending the Oath.

Infopass is a good Idea. If you can't reach your IO and USCIS Service Center messed up that is your best option right now. When is your Infopass ??
And please don't panic. It will get resolved soon !

Best of luck to you and keep us posted

Thank you very much, Ladybuggy.
My infopass is on 2/29, and I really don't know why they send my request to service center. They did like to make things complicated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck to you and you got that right. They like to make things complicated at times.

Keep us posted !

Oh absolutely. Just my journey will be over in a little over 2 weeks I can't just leave this Forum behind when I owe so many people so much. I seriously go on here 20-30 times a day just to see what's new and who get's screwed again. I want to help and since I don't have very much knowledge about the USCIS System and Proceedings I can help in other ways.

Thanks by the way :D

Oh absolutely. Just my journey will be over in a little over 2 weeks I can't just leave this Forum behind when I owe so many people so much. I seriously go on here 20-30 times a day just to see what's new and who get's screwed again. I want to help and since I don't have very much knowledge about the USCIS System and Proceedings I can help in other ways.

Thanks by the way :D

Hi,

Does anyone try to send a letter to the officer who interviewed you?
Because the USCIS phone officer send my inquiry to service center . And I found on my N-652 it's mention that we can send any question to the officer in writing.

Thanks

You can give it a shot but a reply might take a while since all they do all day long is interview people and don't have secretaries (did I spell that right ? LOL)
Anyways .. give it a shot but you are better of with an Infopass or just wait and be patient !

You can give it a shot but a reply might take a while since all they do all day long is interview people and don't have secretaries (did I spell that right ? LOL)
Anyways .. give it a shot but you are better of with an Infopass or just wait and be patient !

Hi, Ladybuggy

Thanks, I will try to do it.

By the way, I tried to call the local office. But the officer always ask me to leave a message. And he did mention that people who want to ask something about naturalization to call the USCIS. I think he doesn't like to reply this kind of call.