What happends after July 2nd, 2007

baker227

Registered Users (C)
Interview Appointments after July 2nd Fiasco - Anyone? Updates Please

My visa interview is scheduled on July 25th, 2007. What will happen now after sudden announcement by DOS? Will they cancel the interview? I have already booked tickets and sent documents to my parents to give to VFS office. There is nothing firm on that given anywhere on DOS or USCIS website. The only place I saw a reference was on a law firm's website: Hammond Law Group, LLC

http://www.hammondlawfirm.com/alerts/no_visa_numbers_for_FY2007.htm

Any overseas Consular Processing case will now not be acted on until October 1, provided that the October Visa Bulletin shows a priority date earlier than one's priority date. If you received a Visa Appointment date, we expect that the appointment will be revoked; but theoretically the DOS could have already accounted for those appointments. Therefore HLG strongly urges Beneficiaries to present to their appointment.

Any ideas from lawyers, gurus etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
i called up the consulate and they said they don't have any new info and the interviews will be scheduled as told earlier. if any change happens they will intimate us. please keep me posted on the the update.

Thanks rrajender

Did you mention recent changes made to visa bulletin by DOS and are they aware of this? Did you ask them that when they schedule the interview, do they secure the visa number?

All these questions killing us. When is your interview and what your attorney is saying?

Thanks and good luck to everyone

-vmn
i called up the consulate and they said they don't have any new info and the interviews will be scheduled as told earlier. if any change happens they will intimate us. please keep me posted on the the update.

I did tell them exactly what you have mentioned but the person said what i said above. basically the ppl at the front desk who receive the calls are not very clear on the laws and wouldn't know it. the ppl who would be clear are the ppl who reply to the emails. this is based on my experience. hence i did email them but didn't get an reply. Attorney doesn't have an concrete answer and he referred me to the Chennai consulate.

Did you mention recent changes made to visa bulletin by DOS and are they aware of this? Did you ask them that when they schedule the interview, do they secure the visa number?

All these questions killing us. When is your interview and what your attorney is saying?

Thanks and good luck to everyone

-vmn

Baker, my situation is exactly the same. Interview date is on the 25th and haven't even gotten my appointment letter. How long did you guys take to get your appointment letter?

Which email ID you guys are talking about. I sent couple of queries to mumbaiiv ID but didn't get any reply in 3 weeks. Do they even answer their phone?

Will VFS be able to answer this? Probably not.

Anyway guys, let's please keep each other posted.

Regards

Sudipta

Friends,

My case is same but little different! My appointment date is July 11th, but haven't recd Packet4 yet... Also I have moved to a new address. D u know if they can email it to u?

Also how long does it take for PCC?

Update: Got an email from the Mumbai consulate that the interviews are on and I will ‘have to attend’ the interview.

Thanks sudipta, Do you think they will issue VISA number also on Jul 25th and IV stamp on passport?
this is biggest issue and confusion and no body is telling us what wil happen.

My attorney informed me that in 2005 when PD moved back they conducted the scheduled interviews and didn't issue GC and told the candidate that once PD will become they need to come back again to get GC, but if it takes more than 1 year then you will be required to get PCC and medicals again as they are valid for an year only.

I don't know who to trust.

Pls share your thougths and information.

thanks

vmn
Update: Got an email from the Mumbai consulate that the interviews are on and I will ‘have to attend’ the interview.

It seems like yours and mine atttorney are same :D

-vmn

That is exactly what my attorney has indicated. I wish some of the individuals who had interviews since July 2nd, (and there were quite a few) would post their experience and what the outcome was.

Also, I had tried to trace similar situations in AOS, and it seems that what they do is ask the qualified candidate after the interview, to get a stamp on their passport once the priority date is current from the local USCIS office.

So, it makes sense that in CP cases they ask the candidate to get a stamp from the consular post, once the PD is current. (not that I think it is the most cost/time effective solution)

Either way I think I will take my chance though. If we need to go back to India to pick it up, at least they will give us our passport back and not everyone in the family will have to go that time.

And I think “to get a stamp on their passport once the priority date is current from the local USCIS office” will be little cost effective.. no?

I don't think you wil get it from local USCIS office in US. You will have to travell back to embasssy or consulate to get it.

-vmn
Either way I think I will take my chance though. If we need to go back to India to pick it up, at least they will give us our passport back and not everyone in the family will have to go that time.

And I think “to get a stamp on their passport once the priority date is current from the local USCIS office” will be little cost effective.. no?

People who had interviews since July 2nd

As mayafix is saying, people who had interviews since July 2nd can tell us best what is going on. There are about 33 EB3 cases in Mumbai who interviewed since then. Please one of them tell us what is the situation. Any of you guys who go for an interview, please don't forget to give details here.

At least one person says he/she cleared the interview

I see from www.cptracker.com that one person had an interview on July 2nd in Mumbai and cleared the interview. However, July 2nd in Mumbai was July 1st here. May be it was before the DOS notice.

Assigned Inteview Dates in Embassy Manila

hi guys,

bisdakdreamer and me will have an interview at the embassy manila on july 9 and july 10. we will keep you posted...

judex

No Prob.

we have also a friend that will have their interview in London(i think?) on june 7, will keep you posted guys...

can anyone change the title of the thread? mods please... suggested title: Interview Appointments after July 2nd Fiasco - Anyone? Updates Please

new info guys.... need not worry...

bisdakdreamer's brother had an interview in London(july 7), they also have FTJ. consul told them that they will rcvd their visa within 2 weeks... which means they pass the interview...

if i will conclude: those who has interview appointments these july and august has an alloted visa for them, they are not affected by the retrogression...

please wait for our interview updates on monday and tuesday(bisdak and me).

judex

sorry but Your dates are not matching

How can you post this on July 6th that he had interview on July 7th? I ddidn't get it because Jul 7th is tomorrow and it is saturday on July 7th. could you explain?

bisdakdreamer's brother had an interview in London(july 7), they also have FTJ. consul told them that they will rcvd their visa within 2 weeks... which means they pass the interview...

if i will conclude: those who has interview appointments these july and august has an alloted visa for them, they are not affected by the retrogression...

please wait for our interview updates on monday and tuesday(bisdak and me).

judex