what happen if change job right after 485 approval?

river12

What will happen if change job right after 485 approval? Is there any rule that one has to wait for certain period of time before leaving current company without problem? Any one has insight about this? Thanks for any advice.

No Title

there are no rules about this. usually they say 6 months. but based on the new law you can change job after 180 days even your GC is not approved. so who cares? i don\'t think they can revoke your GC at all. i \'d change once i get my approval.

No Title

Law says that the onus of wrong intent is on the employee if the employee quits the job as soon as he/she gets the GC . After 90 days , the onus of wrong intent shifts to the employer . So the answer is 90 days after GC. As for the new law , I guess INS has not come with regulations and as such it should not be speculated upon

No Title

where did you get the 90 days? can you direct me to it?? this topic has been in debate for long. it is like the 10 day grace peroid for H-1B holders. it is never in writing.

No Title

In my opinion, INS has been abusing the law for long. if you are not in court with INS, it is the one who interprets the law as it wants. but once you are in court face INS, the law will be interpreted by the judge instead of INS. how could you interpret 2045 regarding 180 days job change in a different way?? even if INS comes out of different regulation, it will be challenged.. those SOBs just don\'t want to give us a breath. if they process the cases in a timely manner, no one would change jobs in 3 months after approvals. it is INS\' imcompetence that causes the mess.