What goes first: FP or name check?

mke

Registered Users (C)
Does FP goes first than name check with FBI? Or it comes after name has been cleared? Or both run in parallel?
Could somebody please help me understand this?

Both are independent processes. Name Check is initiated when USCIS enters your I-485 data in CLAIMS system, usually a week after your receipt date. FP is initiated afterwards and is a seperate procedure.

Both are independent processes. Name Check is initiated when USCIS enters your I-485 data in CLAIMS system, usually a week after your receipt date. FP is initiated afterwards and is a seperate procedure.

Then they "independently" spiral into a deep black hole that takes your documents into a parallel universe where it remains "pending" till the white wizard touches your destiny and and then maybe....just maybe the computers at a remote FBI office might return your query thread as clean.....hoorraaayy...:rolleyes:

I just talk to IO (Immigration officer). Although the purpose of my call was totally diff (status of H4 extension application of my spouse filed two weeks earlier than AOS) but i asked about the status of our AOS case too.

She was very cooperative and explain to me that once you will do the finger print then they will initiate the security process, currently they are doing paper work on our case.

I dont know weather security clearance means name check or not.

Thank you

Thanks for the information. It seems to me it's not very clear how the process goes, is it?

name check/background check/security check, etc.

There are three different things associated with the name check process and they are independent of each other.

1) background check via FP = looks for your criminal record, felonies, drunk driving records, any other criminal offense. (Criminal Check)

2) immigration security check = an internal check conducted by the INS to see if you have ever been in violation of your immigration status or violated the terms of your legal entry and whether you have engaged in document fraud, used false information, etc. (Immigration Status Check)

3) FBI Name Check = this check runs your name against FBI national security database to see if you are a threat to the United States. (National Security Check):(

Your application will have to cross all of this to make it successfully through the 1-485 approval.

Now with the retrogression, just forget about it.:eek:

From
Name Check Pending