What exactly is "SECURITY CHECK PENDING"

For My Country

Registered Users (C)

So far I have gathered very confusing information.

Yestereday, I called TSC and was told by one IO that security check is pending and its computer problem which will be fixed soon.

Other IO told me that the visa number is already alloted and as soon as security check is cleared, it will be approved.

I have read here that security check is only internal issue for some transfered cases.

Yesterday I called FBI to find out the status on my case and came out clear. The last comunication from FBI to USCIS in regard to my case was on May 9th 07 , when my second FP were cleared and information sent.

So this security cechk pending has nothing to do with FBI background or name check.

Please share your experience here.

Excuse

Trust me on this Buddy. I have squizzed my brain on this issue and here is my conclusion : Its an Excuse by USCIS given to applicants so that applicants can keep their mouth shut. There is no such thing as delay in security clerance because when courts ask USCIS thro WOm to clear security checks they are done in ONe day so how come other cases are pending with it for years? SO when tehre is no toher reasoning for causing delay in cases, security checks keeps the cases pending.
I have no association whatsoever with crime for my entire life at all yet my case is pending security checks.
I think with the latest flood of approvals that they are following RD as case approval criteria once PD is current. By and large so far cases with August 2004 have got GC. Since your PD is Feb/2005, your turn is yet to come.
My case details are so similar to yours, PD 2000, RD Feb 2005. No reply to service request done on July 2. last LUD 3/31/2007. I think we neeed to wait for 3-4 months.

Trust me on this Buddy. I have squizzed my brain on this issue and here is my conclusion : Its an Excuse by USCIS given to applicants so that applicants can keep their mouth shut. There is no such thing as delay in security clerance because when courts ask USCIS thro WOm to clear security checks they are done in ONe day so how come other cases are pending with it for years? SO when tehre is no toher reasoning for causing delay in cases, security checks keeps the cases pending.
I have no association whatsoever with crime for my entire life at all yet my case is pending security checks.
I think with the latest flood of approvals that they are following RD as case approval criteria once PD is current. By and large so far cases with August 2004 have got GC. Since your PD is Feb/2005, your turn is yet to come.
My case details are so similar to yours, PD 2000, RD Feb 2005. No reply to service request done on July 2. last LUD 3/31/2007. I think we neeed to wait for 3-4 months.

goan2006.
Thanks. As you must have read in my previous post that I got confimration yesterday from TSC IO of visa number allocation for my case. Can we expect it to be cleared before October???

My TRUST in USCIS=ZERO

After many calls into USCIS, and INFOPASS and opening a Service Request which basically also meant nothing, I got a "dummy" letter from USCIS saying that I should receive my PR card within a month. This was over a month ago, and now they don't have any information on my case. Is that frustrating, or is that frustrating?

So, my faith and trust in these MOFO's is ZERO. I'd trust Pinocchio before I would trust these a**holes. Maybe the I/O was genuine and gave you correct information, and if so, there may be good news for you in the future.

I wish you luck even though I'm SOL on this one.

PD: August 2001
I-485 RD: July 2003

goan2006.
Thanks. As you must have read in my previous post that I got confimration yesterday from TSC IO of visa number allocation for my case. Can we expect it to be cleared before October???

I don't know exact prompts, but...

...after the system has regurgitated your LUD message once you have entered your RD number etc., you should hit some number (it tells you which one) to continue. The system will repeatedly tell you that there is no further update than what you have heard but you should still continue/proceed. Then you will talk to a live customer service moron who will know nothing. Before you spend too much time with him/her, immediately ask for an I/O.

Your case has to be outside normal processing time etc. before you can use extra features (at least that's what they want you to do).

Hope this helps.

Dear all
How do you get a live IO.I called several times and was lost in different menus

Dear all

Here is the POJ code which has been successfully used by many. Try it. Good luck.

dial 1 800 375 5283 then 1-2-2-6-1 enter SRC# then 1-1-3-4 you can talk with imm. officer directly

GC_Trap. I am with you. I ready your previous posts and can understand your frustatration.

How did you contact the FBI?

So far I have gathered very confusing information.

Yestereday, I called TSC and was told by one IO that security check is pending and its computer problem which will be fixed soon.

Other IO told me that the visa number is already alloted and as soon as security check is cleared, it will be approved.

I have read here that security check is only internal issue for some transfered cases.

Yesterday I called FBI to find out the status on my case and came out clear. The last comunication from FBI to USCIS in regard to my case was on May 9th 07 , when my second FP were cleared and information sent.

So this security cechk pending has nothing to do with FBI background or name check.

Please share your experience here.

Please let me know the number you used to contact FBI? Were they cordial? Whom did you speak to?
Regards,
Edgar

How did you contact the FBI?

Please let me know the number you used to contact FBI? Were they cordial? Whom did you speak to?
Regards,
Edgar

I contacted the local FBI office and got this number

304 625 2000

They were very co ordial. My case records are kept by my A #.
All they asked is my A# and in a minute my case details were pulled. Mainly they get the FP details from USCIS with case details and FBI is now returning same day in most cases electronically.

It appears that TSC Computers have a glitch and they are not able to update the FP results on many cases.
This may be one of the reasons for 'SECURITY CHECK PENDING' pretentions.

Excuse

Today, I called TSC again to find out my case status. I am told that the security check for Name check is pending. I did not understand what the IO was telling. It seems, they have been briefed to say so. Time and again, the IO kept on insisting that there is no difference between security check and Name check. Its so confusing to believe. I heard stories here that those who were told of name check pending got approval next day.

I am feeling desperate now.

TSC IO Phone response.

6.7.07: Every thing OK. Nothing pending. Wait for 30 days to get approval.:) :)
6.29.07 Status request filed. No response till date.
7.20.07. IO #1: Security check pending. Its only Internal computer problem and will be fixed soon:confused: :confused: . IO # 2: You have been assigned visa number and as soon as the security check is cleared you will be approved.
7.23.07 : Security check is pending. It is same as Name check.:confused: :confused:

What number do you call to speak to a TSC IO? I took an infopass appointment a month ago and was told that one name check came back ok and they have asked for another one. The infopass person was surprised that there was another one ordered and thought that this was because the case transferred to the TSC. I have just initiated a service request.

Security check is delay tactics

What number do you call to speak to a TSC IO? I took an infopass appointment a month ago and was told that one name check came back ok and they have asked for another one. The infopass person was surprised that there was another one ordered and thought that this was because the case transferred to the TSC. I have just initiated a service request.

Here is the POJ code which has been successfully used by many. Try it. Good luck.

dial 1 800 375 5283 then 1-2-2-6-1 enter SRC# then 1-1-3-4 you can talk with imm. officer directly

Amazing ...got Gc In 1 Year And 9 Months
I went for Info pass on july 5th.
They told that my security check is not complete.
So, I thought I may get my GC some where in 2009 or 2010.

At last, my luck turned around.
Got the magic approval email today.

It took 1 year and 9 months.
Still can not belive that I got GC in such a short time starting from LC.

As usual, the farewell grettings.
Wish you all guys be bestowed with good luck and come out of Q veru soon.
AP : ND :9/29/05 LUD's:10/4/05 AD: 10/18/2005
140: ND :9/29/05 LUD's:10/4/05 Upgraded to premium 09/28/06 RFE issued 09/29/06 RFE replied 10/28/06 AD: 11/01/06
485: ND :9/29/05 LUD's:10/4/05 FP(Reveiced): 11/02/2005 LUD:12/01/05 RFE 9/29/06 REPLIED 10/28/

Sorry.
Post # 14 is of
Nirvan

who got GC in 1 year 9 months.

Amazing ...got Gc In 1 Year And 9 Months

Friends ,

I am one more victim of security check . In my case what happened , my case was trasfferred to local office when PD was current and duet to local service center I was hit by retrogression and then my Intereview done in July 2006 and was told that will be approved once PD become current . In june PD became current and case was approved . I got letter from local office stating that case has been approved and you can come and get your passport stamped . When I went there they said sorry we can not stamp it because it sent to vermount office to make your card and it is stuck with
security check once it cleared then I (IO) personally call you to come here to stamp your passport . I argued little bit but did not wanted to ruin my case with them and they said wait for atleast 3 months then come back we will do some thing.

PD :May 2002
T'fer to New ark :Dec2004
INteview done : July2006
Approved on : 19 June 2007

Thanks
Shailesh

EB2 & EB3 are different

The 1 year and 9 month example that you had mentioned is EB2 category case. Always remember We are in EB3 so the approval criteria is different. AS i mentioend in prior post, USCIS is approving tonns of EB3 cases lately. They are going by RD once PD is current. By an dlarge the approvals have been for August / 2004 so far. So our turn will come in another 3-4 months.
Its waste of time of yours and IO when you call USCIS service center for status check.

How to Contact USCIS & FBI to check Case Status.

Dear all

Here is an Article writen by fellow member. Its very informative.

How to Contact USCIS and FBI to Check Case Status

1. USCIS Online Status Check
With a case number, you will be able to see the current status and the last updated date (LUD).

You can set up a profile, including user name and password, and create a portfolio that includes all your immigration cases. Then log on and see the latest updates on all of them, such as I-485, I-140, AP, EAD, spouse’s cases, etc. Another useful feature for this option is that you can set up an email alert to receive automatic updates. Note that if there is a LUD change, but the message remains the same, you will not receive an alert.

2. Call National Customer Service at (800) 375 - 5283
Unfortunately, the customer service representatives don't know much more than what the online system shows. So it is not very helpful in most cases. However, on the phone you may place an inquiry with the service center that is processing your case.

3. Place a USCIS Inquiry
If your case is 30 days outside of the current processing dates, you can call customer service ( 800-375-5283) and place an inquiry. The representative will send an online message to the service center, which then mails you a letter in a few weeks to explain why your case hasn't been adjudicated. Recently, the answer is usually "your case is pending security check" or "your case is still within our processing dates."

4. Talk to a Service Center Representative Directly
Still by calling 800-375-5283, you will hear a long list of options. Choosing the right options will lead you to the service center that is processing your case. Because each case is unique, you need to listen to the options carefully and choose the ones that fit your case.

Even if you reach the center, you may be automatically transferred back to general customer service. But sometimes your call will be picked up at the service center. Explain your situation briefly, be polite but persistent, and ask about your case status. They do know a lot more details about your case, but have been instructed not to reveal much information, especially regarding background checks and FBI name checks.

5. Set up an Infopass Appointment
An infopass allows you to talk to an immigration officer directly, who has access to more information than the online system. So this is a better option to check on case status. An officer would be able to tell you whether your FBI name check has been cleared. This information alone is worth a trip for many.

6. Place a Congressional Inquiry
Writing to your senators and/or house representatives is another good option for people whose cases have been pending for a long time. Go to these websites:
and find the congressional representatives for your region. Write a personalized letter to briefly explain your case details (a copy of your i485 receipt notice would help), mention how long it has been pending, and ask for his or her help to inquire about your case status. If you are stuck in FBI name check, and have completed an FOIPA request, send in the response as well which might help.

Some congressional offices are not willing to contact the FBI directly, some will but only if your case is pending for more than one year, yet some will not even respond to your letter. So your mileage may vary. Also you may have to wait several months to receive a response in the mail, possibly due to the increasing number of letters asking for help.

The FBI has clearly stated that congressional inquiry will not help expedite the name check process. However, due to the lack of communication channels with the FBI, even a confirmation that name check is pending is worth the effort for many people anxiously waiting. Sad, but true.

7. FBI Name Check
The FBI is no longer responding to emails sent to FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov, so a congressional inquiry or infopass with the USCIS may be the only options.

8. FBI Fingerprint Check
Call the FBI at 304-625-5590, and a representative may be able to tell you when the result was sent back to the USCIS. Since it is usually within 24 - 48 hours, this is only useful to confirm that FP was actually processed.

No news about the namecheck though....

I contacted the local FBI office and got this number

304 625 2000

They were very co ordial. My case records are kept by my A #.
All they asked is my A# and in a minute my case details were pulled. Mainly they get the FP details from USCIS with case details and FBI is now returning same day in most cases electronically.

It appears that TSC Computers have a glitch and they are not able to update the FP results on many cases.
This may be one of the reasons for 'SECURITY CHECK PENDING' pretentions.

Thank you for the reply. I called them. This number just gives details about the finger prints which were completed in 24 hours and returned. But the name check has no information at all......:(
regards,
Edgar

This just took me to a customer service person in the national service center who told me that they cannot see if my security check had cleared and that I would only know through a service request. Am I doing something wrong here?