What exactly is my Transfer Date?

expected

Registered Users (C)
I see for Transfer cases, everyone is mentioning their transfer dates. I am a bit confused as to what exactly is my transfer date. Could someone please help me with that?

On 3/2 I received a mail from USCIS website that "your case has been transferred to the Texas office..."

On 3/7 I received a mail from the USCIS website that "your case is now pending at the office it was transferred..."

Everytime I talked with an IO over phone / Infopass, they mentioned that "your file was transferred to TSC from the Vermont Service Center on 3/23"

So, is my Transfer date 3/2 OR 3/7 OR 3/23 :confused:

Also, now that USCIS is claiming they are processing 3/15, which date should I compare that one too :confused:

EB3 - India
PD - 10/01
ND - 11/03
FP2 - 5/9

Expected!!!

Expect delays in this long journey. You can't compare that date to any dates. Just simply try to find out wether your NC cleared or not. Then work FL/Congrassman/Senator/President/Vice President/Infopass/SR.

I think you transfer date is 3/2 but the VSC didn't transfer all the information (140 file **it doen't matter wether its approved or not**) to TSC. This happened to so many people in the firum. So on 3/23 VSC might have transfered your 140 file.. Xfr date in your case date 3/2 but it doesn't help you anyway.. Intially I thought they are strictly going with the Transfer date. But I have seen couple of exceptions to this. So if you believe that they are going with the Xfr date. Then hope you will land in "LAND OF APPROVALS" else I hope YOU will linger on IMMIGRATION PORTAL

Transfer date

I got same information about date. My congress man got response from Texas that my transfer date is 03/23 but I got letter to transfer is 03/02. In Congress man letter they mention they have around 20,000 files from VSC and they are process based on transfer and my case transfer is 03/23.

Thank you va_lc_case and wheretogo for your reply.

Yes, I know that my NC is cleared and file is all ready to be worked on.

I also thought that my transfer date was 3/2, like va_lc_case,... and that's what most of the people are reporting in this forum...the date they got mails...

However, as wheretogo mentioned, I am now thinking that TSC is actually going by the date the "file" was transferred to TSC physically [in my case 3/23] and NOT the date the "case" was re-assigned to TSC[in my case 3/2].

I think if we can get the "file" Transfer date for everyone waiting and the Approved cases [I know too late to do that :-(], we might see some pattern on how they are processing the transferred cases.

Trasfer Date

I also talk to good person in Texas by POJ method last week. she mention that 3/2 is date where letter was sent by system for your application transfer but it’s matter when you physically files came to Texas centre and they are processing by sequence of files came to Texas centre not any PD/RD date.

Even I talk to Senator Office. They have mentioned me same thing.

Thanks,

Thanks wheretogo, that is informational...both of us applied in Sept / Oct 2001 and both of us had our files transferred on 3/23....

Do you think our luck would strike any time soon :eek:

Hi

I tried all possible way...

1> called couple of time to Texas service center
- All are ok... Waiting to get officer......
2> Contacted Congress man office
- All are ok... Waiting to process files
3> contacted Senator office..
- Requested for expertise case... Waiting for response
4> Send letter to CIS Ombudsman with 7001 form
- Waiting for response
5> called C/S and created service request ending with TSC...
- Waiting for response
6> Took InfoPass appointment and educated the immigration officer about below
- What is PD, RD ?
- Visa is available for me.
- What is NC and it is cleared for my case
- InfoPass is useless process... Do not waste time to go there.

7> Every morning when I wake up.. Pray god. Give me today 6 emails for GC approval for me and my family... :)
8> every week, in my status meeting with Boss, he ask me about my GC status.
9> Not sure what else I left to do for GC.......

Last edited by a moderator:
I pray to God so that we all get our GC soon...

I haven't written to Ombudsman yet...may be I should do that.