What exactly happens??

Dilando Miko

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys:

My I485 application and EAD application were sent in the SAME package to VSC yesterday, it should arrive today or tomorrow. What exactly is the procedure used by VSC to process this incoming mail?? Will they open it today, take out the checks and put a date stamp on it and then enter it into the computer in a few weeks and print off my Receipt Notice?? Do they take out the EAD application and process it separately? Does anyone know the exact, detailed procedure??

Thanks,

No Title

The way things have been happening lately with the VSC mail room front logs is that it will take them 2-3 months to officially issue a notice (that will have your EAC# and A#). This will improve in the near future (Hopefully). The I-485 application may take about a year to be adjudicated, however the EAD is processed faster ~90 days and if pending longer than that you could go to your local INS office to be issued an interim EAD.

In this business patience is key!!

No Title

In the meantime, why don\'t you go to infitime.com site and update your information. This will help you to track the progress. Morever, there is a thread starts with "Let\'s continue tracking receipt..." deals with this issue. You will get more info there. Good luck and be patient.

No Title

I know that I can\'t get the Notice for 2 to 3 months - what I want to know is if they open the package to take out and cash the checks and do they put a stamp on it so when they actually put it into the computer in 2 to 3 months they have my actual receipt date, instead of whatever the date may me 2 to 3 months from now. OR - is it going to be laying around unopened for 2 to 3 months and then I have a receipt date of October and a Notice Date of November - you know what I mean - I hope?

No Title

Miko,

People who filed in April/May 2001 are getting receipts with RD of April/May 2001 and ND of July 2001 so i think they know when they physically received your application. Mine (485/EAD/AP) is sent on July 16th, 2001. Waiting....:(

I dont know why you need so much details on how they open etc...

as long as your RD is same as the date they actually received
you should be happy...
There would be a 2-3 mnths gap between RD & ND dates depending
on the backlog...