What effect if H1 approved but did not go to US?

vikrant_dhole

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,

My CP-Mumbai interview is in Aug 04 and I have a very serious doubt and would be GRATEFUL if anybody can through some light.

I was in the US on H1 from april-2000 for 1.5 years and applied for GC towards the end of 1.5 years after which I returned to Mumbai. Call it bad luck or whatever, after that I did not got any assisgment in the US and am in Mumbai (with short trips to Asia). I have an approved H1 (but it is not stamped as our company sends for stamping only if any assignment materialises).

I am with the same company for the past 5 years.

What care should I take at the time of CP-interview? I mean if they ask "if ur company has H1 approved how come ur still in India?" Can this effect into rejection of my case?

I do have the Notorised Employment letter with me.

vikrant_dhole said:
Hi everybody,

What care should I take at the time of CP-interview? I mean if they ask "if ur company has H1 approved how come ur still in India?" Can this effect into rejection of my case?

{ They are not going to ask you that question, the reason I think there is no hard and fast rule that if you have approved H1B you have to travel to US for Job.

Just carry all the CP interview related documents and it should be fine.

Just remember your GC is not complete with out the POE(Port of Entry) and you have 180 days for that after stamping on your passport. So you need to travel this time to US and join the company sponsoring your GC in US }

I do have the Notorised Employment letter with me.

{ Good, This is one of the important document for your interview }

All the best.

thanks

Thanks a lot VM..I was very much tensed.

My company can call me for a week so that my POE is through. Than after a week I can return back to India. and than in a month or two my plastic card can come at US address I can get the pastic card couriered/hand-delivered by my close friend who may be coming to india. And than when I go once again to the US the plastic card will be with me.

Is there any hitch or risk in this?

vikrant_dhole said:

My company can call me for a week so that my POE is through. Than after a week I can return back to India. and than in a month or two my plastic card can come at US address I can get the pastic card couriered/hand-delivered by my close friend who may be coming to india. And than when I go once again to the US the plastic card will be with me.

{ I thought the story will continue but you stopped.

Well once you get your GC you have to maintain it also like staying for few months in US, if you fail to do that it can be revoked and to know the hitch and risk put your question in the forum "Life after GC" you may get better answer. }

Thanks

vikrant_dhole said:

'Life after Green Card' is another thread, one level up from this thread.

One thing you should know, is you cannot maintain your GR just by staying
a month or two in a year in US. Now they are very particular about your
visits and the duration you stay away from US. Look up the thread suggested
above you will see several posts on this subject.

Raju