what does this RFE mean

kris_1973

Registered Users (C)
My wife got an RFE for AP and the sentence in the RFE letter is as below: So any thoughts what does it mean...

"Please submit 797 receipt notice to show u have filed Form I-485 prior to filing this I-131. "

DO ANY BODY HAVE AN IDEA WHAT IS 797 RECEIPT AND AND WHAT IS FORM I-484. we filled for AP, EAD an AOS on Dec 11/02.

Thanks in advance

Yes..submit a copy of 485 receipt notice.

They just want to ensure that you have 485 pending before they grant AP and not just I-140 pending.

Immigration forms 101

okay, you said that you have filed for AOS. the name of the form you used to file for AOS is "I-485". then you must have gotten an official receipt notice, if your AOS application was filed at a regional center. that form is called an "1-797 Notice of Action"; this is the official notice they send out for receipts, approvals etc.

so, in your RFE, they are asking you to submit the receipt notice (I-797) of your AOS application (I-485). it seems they want to confirm that they received your AOS app before you filed your AP app (which is incidently called form "I-131")

one more note: submit *photocopies* of your receipt notice. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES send them your original receipt notice.

hope this helps.

thanks for the reply ..but

Hi,
we applied for AP, EAD and I-485 at the same time and for all ND is 12/11/02. So when we filed all of them at the same time, how can i file for AP with I-485 receipt notice?.

Did my lawyer did some thing wrong?

i guess that point is moot...

whether your lawyer screwed up, or somebody at the CSC O.D.'ed on crystal meth, just send them what they want.

Until now I used to think that biggest zoo is in San Diego but now I know it is not true. The biggest zoo is in Laguna Niguel

Do as they said, you can't make them understand in your language.