What Does This Message Means?

handme

Registered Users (C)
Hi, before today my LUD was 02/22/2006, and when I used to check my status I usually get a message stating that it takes between 570-600 days for my case to be processed. Or something similar to that.
But today i got a message stating

"USCIS received your response to our request for evidence or information on February 16, 2006. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You can use USCIS processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. "

and my LUD is now 09/25/2006

can anyone help me with this??

Is your name checks completed? seems to be you will get decision within 30 days. what is the automatic message of your case saying?

chellencba said:
Is your name checks completed? seems to be you will get decision within 30 days. what is the automatic message of your case saying?
yeah it is completed.

this is the automatic message

"USCIS received your response to our request for evidence or information on February 16, 2006. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You can use USCIS processing dates to estimate when this case will be done."

No, I don't think this means that you'll get a reponse in 30 days.
The language is pretty clear: USCIS has received the response to their RFE. Before sending you the RFE they already spent some time processing your case and will now continue where they left off and hence the clock is not reset. This is not a new case and hence won't take as long to process as a new case applied today would.
Hence if originally they used to take 557-600 days and have already spent 200 days on this then it shouldn't take more than 357-400 days.

A decision will be soon

A decision will be soon. In my wife's case, the message is similar to yours and it stays the same even now. However, we received a denial notice. We do not know why they did not update the denial message online.

So just watch for your mail box for a written decision. INS may not update online any more. I could be wrong though.

The denial was in 2005, NSC.

wbd said:
A decision will be soon. In my wife's case, the message is similar to yours and it stays the same even now. However, we received a denial notice. We do not know why they did not update the denial message online.

So just watch for your mail box for a written decision. INS may not update online any more. I could be wrong though.

what was the reason for denial?

wbd said:

do u know what was the reason of denial??