What does this message mean

IwantmygcNOW

Registered Users (C)
Hello Gurus I need your help on this:
My friend works in Long Island, NY. His RD is 03/23/02, in VSC.
His online message is as shown below:
Does This mean he gets an interview.
On October 10, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Thank You

Why MISSOURI SC? Is it a family-based?
It's strange that a Service Center schedules an interview. Usually, interview is scheduled by a local CIS office unless there are some new procedures...

MSC normally doesn't handle EB GC's

Also they don't schedule local office interviews. This message is strange, what does the telephone message say?

Is your friend from NY? Works in NY? Residence in NY?

How come he got transferred out of state?

That doesnt make sense, why did a VSC case was transferred to MSC, instead of Local INS ?

Did he called and spoke to IIO ?

I know that NY Family cases are being transfered to MSC now. Maybe this has happened as an error...

goodluck

Probably he is using section 245i.

All section 245i are transfered to MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER.

He might have to pay $1000.00 as a fine

Section 245i means : If anyone is out of status anytime and had filled a labor certification before the 04/30/2001, he/she is eligible to apply for adjustment of status without leaving country but he/she might have to pay $1000 fine.

This Guy never left NY, Never changed employer, Still working with the same employer, never out of status - straight forward case. Hired on H1B and company sponsored GC.
He is going to call the Company Attorney today.

Originally posted by IwantmygcNOW
This Guy never left NY, Never changed employer, Still working with the same employer, never out of status - straight forward case. Hired on H1B and company sponsored GC.
He is going to call the Company Attorney today.

Hmmm .. sounds like a CIS error. :(

Any update on your friend's transfer case?

Did your friend contact his/her attorney? What is the word? Was the case transferred by mistake?

Thanks for sharing.